Colorado Concours June 4, 2023

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Colorado Concours d'Elegance is June 4th at the Arapahoe Community College. With the addition of a few new coupes to the Denver area, this event could be a good way for us to meet. If you're not familiar with this show, don't let the name fool you: it is not anywhere near the level of anything in Amelia Island or Monterey. Bring your car and enjoy a day of baking in the sun with fellow carnuts.
Online registration is open until May 26th but it also looks like "day of" is also possible for late deciders like me

5280JB

Reaction score
I plan on attending. I'd echo kwyjibo's comments above regarding this show's more relaxed atmosphere compared to Pebble Beach or other high end "Concours" shows. Don't worry about how you think your car might not be clean enough, or "perfect" enough - just bring it out, park it on the lawn, and enjoy a great group of cars. You don't even have to enter it in the judging - just bring it for "Display Only" and let everyone enjoy seeing it there.

Here's a pic of a beautiful silver coupe that was there at a prior year's event.

Jim

IMG_0878.JPG

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ha! I forgot that I got that photo from you

My mother in-law has decided to fly in this Sunday afternoon so I can only be at the concours for the morning. This also means that I won't be driving the e9 since they don't like cars leaving the field early. I'd like to meet any e9ers in the area so we should organize a meet/greet/drive soon and/or look for me at the concours in the orange shirt pictured below if you're not already by your car.
Mako
DSCN3616.JPG

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Steve, I made those a few years ago. I can see if the printer still has the screens for another run if there's enough interest (the minimum order is 20)

scamluka

Reaction score
Ha! I forgot that I got that photo from you

My mother in-law has decided to fly in this Sunday afternoon so I can only be at the concours for the morning. This also means that I won't be driving the e9 since they don't like cars leaving the field early. I'd like to meet any e9ers in the area so we should organize a meet/greet/drive soon and/or look for me at the concours in the orange shirt pictured below if you're not already by your car.
Mako
View attachment 162896
I won't be there with my car either. It is still at the garage getting wiring replaced and window regulators replaced. I plan to come by for a couple hours though.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
@5280JB @scamluka @JDH @PMSCSi @NightOwl @tdog @Toddsquad - any other E9ers in the area?
Well, the concours was postponed due to rain (new date unknown). There seem to be enough of us here that haven't met so let's organize our own gathering. We could meet at another pre-existing event, someone's house or other random location and/or drive. Thoughts?

scamluka

Reaction score
I would love to meet, but my E9 is still in the shop. No ETA yet as they are searching for parts. I'm happy to meet sooner, but will be in another car (E39 or other).

5280JB

Reaction score
FYI: Concours at Arapahoe Community College has now been rescheduled to Sunday, September 10th.

But let's not wait that long for a local get together!

Jim

scamluka

Reaction score
Sounds good to me. Weekends are booked until July unless you want to meet during the week somewhere. I’m in the Cherry Creek area.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the 10th is less than two weeks away!

@scamluka Do you have your car back? Anything that we can help you with? I'm probably less than a couple miles away

scamluka

Reaction score
Hi @kwyjibo - almost! Hoping to have it this week. I'm planning to be at the concourse either way.

You might be able to help me. The final seals/weatherstripping I need is where the window meets the the door frame (underside of the roof). Not sure if it's these from bmwclassicparts.com or not.
Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 8.43.47 PM.png

Attachments

• IMG_3619.jpeg
    IMG_3619.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3620.jpeg
    IMG_3620.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 53

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those seals are slowly being produced
i have a wait list for them.

5280JB

Reaction score
Yes - I plan to display on Sunday. I'll be a "day of" registration since online reg has since closed, so unless they turn me away I'll be there with my white 3.0 CS, in the BMW club area.

Come by and say "Hello"

Jim