Congratulations to Bruce Sword

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
RE article in the current Roundel about the Lime Rock Historic Festival.

Duane, you don't look old enough to have a son capable of taking your coupe to Lime Rock

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Quite a mistake in the Roundel, got a kick out of it. An unfortunate mistake considering Duane's car won second place this past year.

duane_sword

Reaction score
aren't all Australians known as Bruce???

(1) I am Australian and my coupe did get 2nd in class at the Lime Rock event this year

(2) My name is not Bruce, not sure why Roundel gave me the name Bruce... but I have a theory

(3) Perhaps Roundel watched this classic from Monty Python "the Bruces from Australia"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA

Signing off

Duane "Bruce" Sword

My full name is infact Duane Eddy Sword (named after Duane Eddy the guitarist)

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
(1) I am Australian and my coupe did get 2nd in class at the Lime Rock event this year

(2) My name is not Bruce, not sure why Roundel gave me the name Bruce... but I have a theory

(3) Perhaps Roundel watched this classic from Monty Python "the Bruces from Australia"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f_p0CgPeyA

Signing off

Duane "Bruce" Sword

My full name is infact Duane Eddy Sword (named after Duane Eddy the guitarist)

....Duane Eddy ??...not Dame Edna ??:smile:

duane_sword

Reaction score
G'day "AussieCSI"

I am a Melbourne lad myself, and my wife's family resides in Perth.... near Cottesloe

I have been called many things over here in the USA, but no-one knows Dame Edna or Sir Les.... when I lived in the UK for a few years for sure the jokes about Sir Les and Dame Edna were flying thick and fast.

The Aussie jokes here typically involve (1) Crocodile Dundee (2) Mark Webber's inability to get off the start line back when he raced in F1 (3) beer.

rb1971

Reaction score
What about category (4) which is whether everything one says is a question or a statement. Source: my wife is from Sydney. You may have been in the US long enough to have lost that.

PS I thought most males in AUS were named Keith (Keef) or Kevin.

rb1971

Reaction score
What about Harold Holt? Completely losing a PM smacks of inattention at best. (I find it pretty hilarious that there is a Harold Holt swim complex in Melbourne. Not sure I would want to swim there.)

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Webber would make me crazy; he'd qualify third on the grid and pre-race I be thinking podium spot, then the lights would go out and suddenly he's in fifth, and somewhere along the line Alonzo would pass him. Ugh.

Nonetheless, if I could grab a beer with an F1 driver he'd be my choice.

duane_sword

Reaction score
my choice driver to have a beer with ....

Webber would make me crazy; he'd qualify third on the grid and pre-race I be thinking podium spot, then the lights would go out and suddenly he's in fifth, and somewhere along the line Alonzo would pass him. Ugh.

Nonetheless, if I could grab a beer with an F1 driver he'd be my choice.

I would like to share a beer or four with Gerhard Berger,... great driver, real bloke, and apparently a wicked sense of humor.

Mark Webber is a great Aussie ambassador - but I am not sure he would relax enough to share a beer and a good conversation