Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Bavaria-E3-AC-Console-Vent-Grill-/231697877916

$_1.JPG

kmbenben

Reaction score
ac grill

Wow....been looking for these for a long time.
If anyone knows of another set (or just the right sided one) please pm me.
Thanks,
Keith

'72 3.0 CS
'67 MB 250SL

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think we need to find a great set of these and make molds of them ... so we can reproduce them. most of the ones on cars are cracked

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
are the E9 and E3 the same except for the squared off end? could you take an E3 and just cut that off?

Roger S

Reaction score
i think we need to find a great set of these and make molds of them ... so we can reproduce them. most of the ones on cars are cracked

Carl (LaJolla) recently mentioned that he and Peter (Coupeking) considered making a mold and a run but it is costly. If they had enough interest and preproduction commitment(s), maybe it can become a reality.

I need both sides of the unobtanium if anyone parts a car or has spares after honoring everyone who posted before me.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's an e3 grille, e9 has a squared off toe.

the one shown in the first post is not E3, unless they were differences between series
gogobigo had E3 grilles for sale and they were different, the cutout was much bigger
incidentally, that flat cutout is irrelevant once assembled in place, and can be reworked anyway

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have a pair that were NOS, but they are quite a bit shorter than the ones that came off of my coupe ... its definitely a shortened piece.

hard to tell unless you look close ... but they look better than the cracked ones that were on the car

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK, I compared them in the e3 and e9 today. The e9 console side is much shorter, hence the square end. The e3 panel continues farther forward so vent panel is longer. Either one will fit but e3 vent will hang past the e9 console side, it's easy enough to cut to length though.