Contact Info

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
Would anyone have the current contact details in Germany where I could start the process to get authenticity papers on my CSL. Thanks ,Mark.

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Mark,
on
you will find the contact for your enquiry.
State your VIN-number and ask for the necessary procedure to get a certificate for your car.
Of course you will have to provide detailed photos and documentation to enable them to verify the authenticity of the car.
I don´t want to run riot here on all the fake "CLS" popping up from time to time.
As BMW says "you might know that just recently rebuild or fake BMW 3.0 CSLs pop up. So we were forced to handle the information concerning this rare and pricely car more restrictive. "
Group Classic Zertifikat.JPG
They will charge you 75€ (as per 2018) plus shipping cost for the certificate.

Regards
Thomas

Last edited:

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Mark,
based on your car history it should be an easy job to convince them to issue the certificate. It may take some time since they issue the certificates in batches. But I'm pretty sure we will see you on the road even without the certificate
Please share the first drive after such a long time with us!
Thomas

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No historic certificates anymore....

" Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

vielen Dank für Ihre E-Mail.

Wir werden Ihre Anfrage zeitnah bearbeiten, allerdings kann das aufgrund der Fülle der E-Mails einige Zeit dauern. Vielen Dank für Ihre Geduld.

Sollten Sie ein Zertifikat für Ihr historisches Fahrzeug bestellen wollen, müssen wir Ihnen leider mitteilen, dass wir dieses Angebot eingestellt haben.

Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis und beste Grüße

das Team des BMW Group Archivs

For other info-

If you are getting production, color and delivery info on a Csl - make sure you are prepared to produce
all of the documents and photos that are required by their new rules on rare BMW's

Dear Mr Lawrence,

Thank you for your email.

For reasons of compliance, we have in recent years adopted a specific procedure for types of vehicle that are rare and becoming ever more expensive. We always check the numbers and the stamp image before we give out production and delivery data.

We therefore ask you to send us photos of the vehicle and most importantly the numbers stamped on the chassis, the engine and the type plate (max. 10 MB). The enclosed scan shows you the positions of these numbers.

Many thanks for your understanding.

Yours sincerely,
Andreas Harz

BMW Group
Andreas Harz
BMW Group Classic
BMW Group Archiv

Postadresse / Postal adress:
BMW Group
AK-52
80788 München
Besucheradresse / Visitor’s adress: