Cool bag?

x_atlas0

Reaction score
That's a new trick. The only BMW in-car non-person cooling I had seen before are the coolers that were in the rear armrests of some E34s and various models of 7 series.

Had I to hazard a guess, it probably used a small pump and some heat transfer fluid to keep the walls cooler than ambient. Unless it's got a really teensy compressor in there, I can't think of how else it would work, since I don't think they had solid state active cooling in those days. (using a special transistor setup) Heck, if they added a fan on the side, it would work a lot better.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
That's a new trick. The only BMW in-car non-person cooling I had seen before are the coolers that were in the rear armrests of some E34s and various models of 7 series.

Had I to hazard a guess, it probably used a small pump and some heat transfer fluid to keep the walls cooler than ambient. Unless it's got a really teensy compressor in there, I can't think of how else it would work, since I don't think they had solid state active cooling in those days. (using a special transistor setup) Heck, if they added a fan on the side, it would work a lot better.

Tom M

Reaction score

Tom M

Reaction score