cool old grille badge

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just received a new addition to my grille badge collection. As you might imagine, I was drawn to this one for at least two reasons: BMW, and the graphic is a coupe!!!
20180709_153413_resized.jpg 20180709_153425_resized.jpg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stephen and Chris, could we see pictures of your favorite badges?
Stephen, that might be a Bavaria. The turn signals do not look like a coupe's. I looked at multiple photos of Bavarias and delved into my memory bank of the five Bavarias I have owned. Their turn signals wrap around the front of the fender a bit while the coupe's do not. And, the Bavaria has the center "wedge or line" down the center of the hood while the coupe does not.

My god, I have to find a 12 step program now!!!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stephen, that might be a Bavaria. The turn signals do not look like a coupe's. I looked at multiple photos of Bavarias and delved into my memory bank of the five Bavarias I have owned. Their turn signals wrap around the front of the fender a bit while the coupe's do not. And, the Bavaria has the center "wedge or line" down the center of the hood while the coupe does not.
Stephen and Chris, could we see pictures of your favorite badges?
Well, it is a coupe in my mind. :confused: It is easy for the "newest" badge to be my current favorite. But after your comments, it clearly can't be the one with the not-a-coupe - ha ha. (no offense to the Bavarias - love them as well). Here's most of the collection save for a few currently on a car or that didn't make the cut for this photo.
20180709_195722_resized.jpg

My favorite is probably this one, with the BMW Museum building. Cars and architecture - doesn't get better than that. :D
20180709_195751_resized.jpg

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, it is a coupe in my mind. :confused: It is easy for the "newest" badge to be my current favorite. But after your comments, it clearly can't be the one with the not-a-coupe - ha ha. (no offense to the Bavarias - love them as well). Here's most of the collection save for a few currently on a car or that didn't make the cut for this photo.
View attachment 48933

My favorite is probably this one, with the BMW Museum building. Cars and architecture - doesn't get better than that. :D
View attachment 48934
Well, the 12 step can wait. My favorite is also the CS Register badge for many, many reasons. But the coolest, most interesting and unusual is the "not a coupe" badge you posted at the top. A rough translation: Boblingen - a district in Baden/Wurtemberg Sindelfingen - a town near Stuttgart
Verband - to fly in formation Der - of the You can get the rest.

So this local club, when BMW as we know it was just starting out, cast a badge to celebrate a "meeting." With the name of the manufacturer on the back.

That is really neat.

Steve

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Of course, I have to love the CS Register Badge. That one is close to my heart. :D
Stephen, if you ever come across a badge similar to the Coupe/Bavaria 1969 badge and don't want it for your collection I would be happy to mount it on the other grille.

thanks, Steve

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stephen, if you ever come across a badge similar to the Coupe/Bavaria 1969 badge and don't want it for your collection I would be happy to mount it on the other grille.

thanks, Steve
I'll let you know if I ever come across another one (or similar). ;)

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I do like these cool grill badges.

4BE14BC1-8170-4D0D-A050-241404CD82AA.jpeg

I got this one for the 2000CS to match the other Serif script Roundels. Mainz-Kassel is about 30km from where this car was originally delivered in Worms, Germany. ...close enough :)

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed, Your badge looks like the type that dealers would install on the rear of your coupe.

I agree, Chris. It is small, compared to a standard grill badge. I had planned on installing it on the rear of the car (with double-sided tape, I think). I have grill badges on my 2002 and they take a beating from the road debris, I'd hat to see this one damaged further.

Ed

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As many of you know, I collect grill badges.

Special thanks to Stevehose, HB Chris, OCCoupe, Hans Wortelboer, Mo Faraz, Dirk, BMW Pete, & autokunst for your contributions.

Grill Badges board 01.jpg
Assorted Grill Badges 01.jpg
Assorted Grill Badges 03.jpg

m73

Reaction score
Those badges look great Andrew -- thanks for including mine in your collection :) :)

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The driver on your new badge looks very determined indeed! Great collection.