Copart BMW finds...

dang

Administrator
Staff member
Site Donor
Reaction score
https://www.copart.com/lot/48254238

Bidding is "on approval" and an offsite sale with no location. Not sure what to make of it. Autocheck makes the mileage seem plausible.
On Approval just means that after the auction ends the seller will decide if the bid is high enough. Usually they will counter bid if it's not high enough. The offsite vehicles are usually somewhat special or large and the seller doesn't want to risk the public messing with it prior to the auction. They take the vehicle to Copart if it sells but bidders typically can't see it in person so there's good and bad about that process.

JayWltrs

Site Donor
Reaction score
On Approval just means that after the auction ends the seller will decide if the bid is high enough. Usually they will counter bid if it's not high enough. The offsite vehicles are usually somewhat special or large and the seller doesn't want to risk the public messing with it prior to the auction. They take the vehicle to Copart if it sells but bidders typically can't see it in person so there's good and bad about that process.
Helpful, thanks. My thoughts were: "They might sell it first and reject any bid" and/or "they want more than I'd pay for a core target." I have to be there next week and think I recognize the photo location, so worth a drive-by.

dang

Administrator
Staff member
Site Donor
Reaction score

dang

Administrator
Staff member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Attachments

Markos

Parts Mule
Staff member
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan,

How do these cars end up at a copart auction?

About two years ago I went to a towing auction in Seattle with a scary amount of cash in my coat pocket. A Hennarot S14 M3 came up for auction. It was gone when I arrived. Apparently the owner came in and paid his bill the night before. I secretly suspect that sharks locate the owner and make him/her an offer they can’t refuse. X dollars for the car plus the storage fees.

JayWltrs

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dan,

How do these cars end up at a copart auction?

About two years ago I went to a towing auction in Seattle with a scary amount of cash in my coat pocket. A Hennarot S14 M3 came up for auction. It was gone when I arrived. Apparently the owner came in and paid his bill the night before. I secretly suspect that sharks locate the owner and make him/her an offer they can’t refuse. X dollars for the car plus the storage fees.
This car will be auctioned in 3 mins. And you can watch. But sale is on approval of seller. https://www.copart.com/auctionDashboard?auctionDetails=1-A