correct parts

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

happy new year to all

As some of you might know I am restoring a CSL that I found in a bad condition in Turkey. Many of the parts on the car were not original including the engine , the fuel delivery system and probably the engine electrical components. the car had a single carb set up instead of the fuel injection system that was supposed to be on it. I found a manifold for the fuel injection system but I need some info for the rest

http://flic.kr/p/aBKJzs (somehow I was unable to insert the pic from flickr)

I am looking for parts numbers and pictures of the fuel injection and correct ignition system parts.
the distributor, fuel pump, ecu, injectors what ever you guys might think related.

Or should I go for a modern efi system like megasquirt? what would be the recommendation?

thanks guys

Happy new years and many fun miles with your cars

take care

Harun

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Use the search function on the web site. There is a lot here already.

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12744&highlight=Fuel+injection

Search for "Motronic" and "megasquirt" and you will find all sorts of stuff. I am obviously biased toward the Megasquirt, especially if you are starting from a non EFI setup. Also, very flexible.

Check out the Realoem.com site for diagrams and part numbers of the injection components.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Harun,

I recall recently seeing on eBay.de the complete set of parts that would be required to add the D Jetronic system to an engine.

Kizilsakal

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!

As far as I understand none of the parts that are on my car are correct for fuel injection. I think I will put in a modern system and try to keep the look original with the intake manifold that I found.