Correct SEM Black vinyl spray color??

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone know the correct black SEM color for the center console vinyl?

Looks like SEM makes several blacks in what appears to be different sheen/gloss levels.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
oh, one more thing, if you find there is not enough sheen, you can always spray 13013 satin gloss clear lightly over it.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
oh, one more thing, if you find there is not enough sheen, you can always spray 13013 satin gloss clear lightly over it.
Got it. Thanks. It's on the inside of the center console. There were two tears in the vinyl that I managed to repair but now need to just blow a teensy bit of color on it to even things out. I ordered the Satin so see how far that gets me. I'll let you know how it turns out.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know I am spoiled but I became friends with the owner of a local auto paint supply store and many of these places have the ability to do custom SEM colors. I brought a rear armrest in and he matched the color and patina for me. Stuff was no more costly than the SEM off the shelf.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know I am spoiled but I became friends with the owner of a local auto paint supply store and many of these places have the ability to do custom SEM colors. I brought a rear armrest in and he matched the color and patina for me. Stuff was no more costly than the SEM off the shelf.
Luckily this is just black and the only thing I have to match is the sheen for the most part. I'm sure it won't be THAT easy but luckily it's the inside of the console in the 2002...