Coupe finished !!!!

gazzol

Reaction score
Hi all here are some pics of my coupe now that she's finally finished. I know that what I've done at the rear is going to upset the purists amongst you but it was done out of the desire to get rid of that awfully restrictive rear silencer and release a few ponies. Oh and I know that that badge shouldn't really be there but I couldn't help myself.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

tripower

Reaction score
NICE! From the looks of the exhaust, roll cage and seats you are ready for action. Let's see the engine.

Malc

Reaction score
So when are you going to....
Thrash it up the M6? 8)
Scare all the "Nova" and "Saxo" kids in Preston? :shock:
Hammer it around Oulton park? :D
I think we should be told :wink:

Very tidy!
Malc

gazzol

Reaction score
Tripower the engine is messy due to being stood in the workshop for months gathering dust and me having to put the car back together in a big rush due to the fact that the land that my unit was on got sold and I had to get out. So till I get round to cleaning it up the lid is staying closed!! For now I'm going to take a breather and enjoy it.
Malc it's getting thrashed up the M6 tomorrow but only as far as Egremont in Cumbia about 200 miles round trip maybe later in the year it might make it as far as Stonehaven. I don't think the Nova crowd will even bother to try it on. Fran and I had a good buzz today, we came out of Blockbuster to find a group of youg lads round the car taking photos on their phones. I might do a few trackdays next year when my finances have recovered a bit :(

Dave B

Reaction score
Nice pics

Gazzol,

Lovely car.

If / when you planning a trip to Stonehaven, stop in at Carnoustie ( 40 miles south of Malc ) I would like to meet you too, and see that car.

It's been about 12 years since I rode in a CS convoy. I would come up to Malc's with you. What a photo opportunity that would be!

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Engine

The car looks great, but you're stuck now. IMHO, The bling looks just OK. Certainly, a purist wouldn't agree. NOW you're going to have to put something special under the bonnet to back up the statement. The most important thing is that you enjoy your hard work!!!!

As I grind, cut, weld, grind, and grind, I keep thinking about how great this machine would look with 2" chopped from the top. HHMMMMM????

tripower

Reaction score
Re: Engine

The car looks great, but you're stuck now. IMHO, The bling looks just OK. Certainly, a purist wouldn't agree. NOW you're going to have to put something special under the bonnet to back up the statement. The most important thing is that you enjoy your hard work!!!!

As I grind, cut, weld, grind, and grind, I keep thinking about how great this machine would look with 2" chopped from the top. HHMMMMM????

I think it look very understated not overdone at all. No bling in my mind, but yes you should have a monster powerplant to back-up that Alpina logo and exhaust.

Knickerbocker

Reaction score
"Finished?"

I hate to tell you this, but you're never finished.

But then, that's part of the joy of ownership. :)

gazzol

Reaction score
If / when you planning a trip to Stonehaven, stop in at Carnoustie ( 40 miles south of Malc ) I would like to meet you too, and see that car.

It's been about 12 years since I rode in a CS convoy. I would come up to Malc's with you. What a photo opportunity that would be!

That'd be great I'm looking forward to it all ready!!!! Might make it the bank holiday at the end of May if that suits, what you doing that weekend Malc??

Malc

Reaction score

That'd be great I'm looking forward to it all ready!!!! Might make it the bank holiday at the end of May if that suits, what you doing that weekend Malc??
Welding!
Ha Ha HA :roll:
Malc

gazzol

Reaction score
Great!!! I'll bring my (welding) helmet and gloves. Seriously though if you are up for it it'd be a nice trip and it'd be great to meet up with you and Dave. Are there any any reasonably priced B+Bs in the area?

Got the car weighed yesterday..... 1300kg (2860 lbs) no driver but half a tank of fuel so I estimate that to be arround 1260 (2772 lbs) kg dry weight (larger tank) so it looks like I've managed to shed arround 150 Kg

gazzol

Reaction score
Gazzol, besides the bumpers and original seats, what other things have you done to lighten the the car?

Steve

PS looks sweet

The interior is stripped with only thin aluminium to cover the inside of the doors and rear quarters no soundproofing or carpets fitted, obviously the seats are lightweight. The lower front valence was cut away as a) it was rotten b) it was redundant due to the front skirt being fitted. Front splashgaurds (elephants ears) removed as redundant due to plastic liners fitted. New roof skin fitted without sunroof this alone was a HUGE weight saving. Aluminium bonnet, boot lid and door skins fitted.

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice, Not to noisy when driving though? or is the big six sweet music to your ears! My old Toyota starlet racecar was stripped out much like what you're talking about, but it was as noisy as 10,000 bastards!(4 cyl screeming at 7500rpm)

bayareasj06

Reaction score
It seems that I am the first purist to post. I can only say no comment :roll: as you can imagine my thoughts. However, if I was not a purist, I would say.....Awesome looking car! 8)

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Not bling--just an idea--

Remember the M-1--it had roundels on both corners of rear lid (or boot)--that might look good with Alpina in the middle--

gazzol

Reaction score
Nice, Not to noisy when driving though? or is the big six sweet music to your ears! My old Toyota starlet racecar was stripped out much like what you're talking about, but it was as noisy as 10,000 bastards!(4 cyl screeming at 7500rpm)

When I'm driving round locally "enjoying" the performance :wink: the noise is intoxicating especially as the revs approach the redline however on the motorway it's a little too much so I've invested in ear plugs for longer journeys otherwise getting out at the other end would be like stepping out of a disco (yes I can remember that far back) ears ringing for the next few hours.

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Sunroof removal

New roof skin fitted without sunroof this alone was a HUGE weight saving.

When you deleted the sunroof, did you do that by cutting the skin and mechanicals out and re-skin or did you repalce the whole roof by cutting at the A+C pillars?