Coupe has been painted

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks incredible Chris! Are you sure you still need to do a cut and buff? :)

My e24 is getting painted today or tomorrow. The pictures on your coupe have me even more excited to see my six with it's new ArtkisBlau paint.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am going to remove the orange peel in the clear coat by color sanding, I’m not going for a factory orange peel look. After that polish and ceramic to protect it, it is good for five years.

Java Man

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Paint looks fantastic! Love the photo of the engine bay too. Look forward to seeing this car on the road later this year. Cheers!

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Curious about what it took in approximate time and money to get your car painted. - Did a search, but didn't see any write-ups on the process in recent posts.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Curious about what it took in approximate time and money to get your car painted. - Did a search, but didn't see any write-ups on the process in recent posts.
I am doing this through a friend. I removed all trim, interior, etc in October and work started on small things which were the main issues for the repaint. It sat for periods of time until priming and blocking began several weeks ago. It was painted at a shop, not where it was prepped and returned on Saturday.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I hear putting on that belt line trim is a tough job. How long do you think it will be until your car is back on the road?

Pinstripe inc.

Reaction score
I am going to remove the orange peel in the clear coat by color sanding, I’m not going for a factory orange peel look. After that polish and ceramic to protect it, it is good for five years.
Does this imply that the paint needs to be redone every 5 years? This is my 1990 paint in 2021. Btw, your paint job looks awesome.

Attachments

• FA26EA3B-4A1F-446B-B6D6-F371C1FE15CB.jpeg
    FA26EA3B-4A1F-446B-B6D6-F371C1FE15CB.jpeg
    569.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 0F8E4260-34DF-41C5-BD20-6F9C466481EC.jpeg
    0F8E4260-34DF-41C5-BD20-6F9C466481EC.jpeg
    489.3 KB · Views: 87

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris, Putting it back on isn’t too hard, the rear quarters being a pain as you have reach past the wheel arches and twist the nut on without dropping it! I will wait two months to make sure paint has hardened.

Ted, I am fortunate to have Rey as a good friend.

John, My paint lasted 14 years and I am very careful with it but improper prep in a few areas caused premature lifting of the paint on the trunk and wheel arches.