Coupeguy

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
As several people suggested I got the wood trim and several other parts from Dan Koturov (AKA the coupe guy). He shipped quickly and was helpful with advice. Thanks to Dan I’m a little closer to having my car on the road :-D:-D. ~ John Buchtenkirch

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
Thanks to Dan for great communication and an easy transaction.

Item purchased: euro turn signal lenses
Shipped immediately and arrived in perfect condition

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i purchased and received a wonderful '71 2800cs from Coupeguy. i found Dan to be straight forward + i found him to be honest ... and most importantly, i think his descriptions of the car i bought to be very accurate - i have not found any surprises. He said it was as rustfree as any car he has sold in a while - i have looked everywhere, and its quite clean. i can also tell you that the photos didn't hide anything ... or shoot around bad things.

no matter how good they look, these are 40 year old cars after all. they generally are not fully restored concours cars. i'm sure there could be something hidden within by the way these cars were built ... and i'm sure if you look hard enough there could be an exception to every rule - and i'm sure there might be somebody that had a bad experience. i can't speak to that - i can only speak about my very good experience.

at the end of the day, i'm a happy camper + compared to other cars i looked at, i got a good buy at a fair price.

thanks Dan

glenn in encinitas

Site Donor
Reaction score
Second that for my set of Italian two-color lenses. They were the perfect addition to a CSL that was originally delivered to Italy! Dan's quick responses are appreciated.

Adam

Reaction score
ditto. my trapezoid side-views arrived as promised. super easy to deal with. a real straight shooter.

execmalibu

Reaction score
I received my new E9 a 3.0CS Sunroof from Dan Koturov in Colorado AKA (COUPEGUY) who BROKERED the sale. Dans description and photos were very accurate.

The car was a RUST FREE Calif car taken to Colorado where it sat for 2 years. Overall the car is very solid and is very straight and complete.

I wanted a nice driver and was hoping for an 8 and got a 7 which I am VERY happy with. Most of the issues with the car that made it a 7 were deferred maintenance because the car ran terrible. Which was not Dans responsibility.

Nothing major was wrong with the car just a bunch of minor tune up issues or just lack of how the car is supposed to be put together. Like there were vacuum hoses connected to the wrong place or just left missing causing vacuum leaks and springs on one carb were missing. After a couple of days of tinkering the car runs GREAT!

Other then a little delay in shipping everything went exactly as planned!

Thanks Dan!

Attachments

• 3.0CS1.jpg
    3.0CS1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought that was a nice car and thought long and hard about it. Enjoy....Psst, give me a tip next time you come across an unpolished gem..

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
I recall seeing a source for the correct black vinyl some months ago but cannot now locate it. Any ideas, anyone? I am UK based. Any help gratefully received, as always.

61porsche

Reaction score
compliments of Coupeguy

nml-depot.de. Gerrit Blankman in Deutschland, great source, scheel material identical to original.

John S

Reaction score
+1. I purchased two sets of the Euro turn signal lenses from Dan (one set standard, one set Italian). I learned from BMW that my 3.0 csi was originally delivered to a dealer in Milan Italy, so I had to get the Italian lenses too. Both sets were quickly shipped and were exactly as advertised. Thanks Dan,
John

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I try. I have participated in a lot of different car groups including Porsche, Alfa, Jag, Healey, etc, etc. Owned hundreds of cars and it's clear to me the most honest and straight shooting group are coupe owners, hands down, no doubt. Not sure how this quest to preserve the marque started but I'm glad it did. Good group.

Last edited:

Skiver

Site Donor
Reaction score
A big thanks to Dan for his help sourcing a '75 csi fjord blue coupe and helping a rookie like me through the transaction. A lot of patience from Dan dealing with numerous questions from me. Car is on a transport on its way to Vancouver and will be here any day now.
Cheers Dan
Ivor

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
Dan has been providing assistance and parts for our cars for decades.

I highly recommend him as a reputable provider of all things e9 coupe related.

CSLRich

Reaction score
Intercontinental couping

Dan's helped me out a couple of times with hard to source parts. I usually order from UK and collect in the US and Dan's always come through.

Rich

duane_sword

Reaction score
Yes, prompt, pleasant, respects the coupe/E9 community and yet I also respect he is in business to make a $. A good man and stands behind quality product well represented.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have nothing but good things to say about Dan. i bought a very nice car from him - very accurately described. i have bought a few things from him as well. he has always been fair with me.