Coupespotting--101 in Thousand Oaks Today

Alice Couper

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The highlight of my day was driving back from Santa Barbara to LA and spotting these 2 coupes on the southbound 101 in Thousand Oaks, around 11:20 am. I got so excited I woke up my girlfriend in the passenger seat and said: "look, it's my car!" She said: "that's nice, baby" and went back to sleep.

The Verona coupe is a 1973 according to its license plate: "1973 E9". Couldn't tell what year the Fijordblau coupe was. Both are in great shape and looked spectacular, cruising along around 75-80 mph. Both had side markers deleted but looks like US delivery cars. Both are LHD, but look like RHD in one photo taken from my rearview mirror.

I tagged along for about 10 miles, enjoying the Hell out of just watching these beautiful cars cruise along. The Verona coupe was especially inspiring because it resembles what mine will look like when it's done.

I suspect the 2 drivers are known to the group and might participate. If that was you, thank you for making my day. I was the guy in the silver X5 with Utah plates tagging along, taking photos, and waving at you, with the blonde asleep in the passenger seat.

IMG_0647.jpeg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0641.jpeg

IMG_0640.jpeg

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Perhaps somebody knows….is the white e9 in the pics chamonix. Seems more like alpine white to me. Just curious, looks like a great event worth joining in the future if it’s open to others?

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Kustenfahrt IV was a massive success. Thank you Chris for organizing. Epic driving on Hwy 35 near Alice's Restaurant and the next day on Hwy 25 south of Hollister.

Attachments

• IMG_8114.jpg
    IMG_8114.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6784.JPG
    IMG_6784.JPG
    389.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_8085.jpg
    IMG_8085.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 307
  • north of Santa Cruz.jpg
    north of Santa Cruz.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 77

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Alice Couper Thanks so much for posting the photos and cool video. It was great having you follow us on 101 last Sunday. I was wondering if you were a coupe owner and /or on the e9 forum. Thanks again - John

Alice Couper

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@Alice Couper Thanks so much for posting the photos and cool video. It was great having you follow us on 101 last Sunday. I was wondering if you were a coupe owner and /or on the e9 forum. Thanks again - John
John, thanks for checking in here and letting me tag along. Glad you like the video, and hope to join one of your cruises when my car is finally done!