Craig's list find...

syrahnoir

Reaction score
Not Worth the Effort

This car is in truly terrible shape with very little likelyhood to run again. Rust, filth and gargage abound. it is a CSa, the parts have little value as the car has sat in an open field for 15-20 years. Its value as a donor is questionable. Glass is pitted and crazed, the rubber is shot, chrome is oxidized and the wheels are not original. The engine is a ratsnest and the inerior is molded and abused. I finally got a solid look at this car 6 motnhs ago when he was asking 5500.00. I have driven by this car for years and always been dismayed at its treatment. This would be a headache even as a donor.

Ephriam K. Williams

Reaction score
I'd scoop it up...

I'd scoop it up just for the colour alone... assuming I could get it to run. Being I'm about to tear dowm the 6er, I need a third because as you know with these cars,... you better have a back-up. So, it may be nice and fun to drive around in for a year or two even if it's not perfect. Assuming it's structurally sound and can be used for a parts car when I tear down my 73'. Not too crazy about the price. I'm pretty sure once I started tearing it down, someone here could use somthing from it if I don't use it myself. You see, I like these cars, they do not have to be perfect for me... just safe. With as many compliments as I get on my cars, I do get negative criticisms from people because of bodywork issues. Just makes and keeps me all the more focused to complete it properly. I do like that colour. Not too crazy about the automatic. I guess that I built too many WWII model planes as a kid. Needs more photos to be sure though. Floor boards, trunk? Can't see towers too well. But the car has been seen, so, I guess not. But, for me still, ... maybe. Who got that silver blue Euro in Fort Worth/Dallas with the hard to find rear spoiler and black BBS's? I liked that car as well and it was close to me. I guess that if you snooze you loose. Coupes Up! There ain't nothin' like the ride of a BMW - period! Educate me... Bimmer or Beemer? Which is for the car and which is for the motor cycle? Help me set my freind or myself straight. I believe that Bimmer is for the car and Beemer is for the cycles. He believe's Beemer is for everything BMW. We got $100 riding on this bet. (It originally started as a $20 bet) If I'm wrong I'll take the loss. Who's right here? Thank You.
Regards,

Regards,

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Consensus is that bimmer = car and beemer = bike.

I know of no way to prove its "true" though.

Regarding the car, if it has been sitting 20 years, it is going to need Everything" mechanical to be driveable. Start with all the brake lines and hoses, calipers, rotors, master cylinder and on and on.