Craigslist BMW Finds:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan, how about the spawn of the Duck Boat and the Trabant! When a beautiful and famous ballerina proposed to the philosopher Bertrand Russell that they have a child together who would have her beauty and his brains, he quickly responded, "But my dear, what if they have your brains and my looks?"

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Craigslist story:
For those of you who saw my question above regarding the e60 550i 6-speed, I did end up buying it from the owner. The car was very well maintained but not 100% perfect so I was able to get the car for 6K flat. The outside has some scratches and a garage "scratch", but the interior was literally spotless, which is a neat trick on these cars. After driving the car for about half an hour I committed to the purchase and gave the owner a 20.00 deposit, 2 days later I brought the cash. The owner had put all the service records on a thumb drive and we chatted a bit over coffee on the evening of its transaction. When I left to get in the car to drive home, in the back seat was a very nice bottle of wine and a lovely note which said basically "Please take care of my car, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, and don't drink the wine while driving".

I just thought it was so classy and kind. When I told a friend about it he said, "well of course, he's a BMW guy" anyhow, I thought it was a neat little note and I thought I would share the experience.

550i.jpg

Attachments

• 550i 1.jpg
    550i 1.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 186

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Craigslist story:
When I left to get in the car to drive home, in the back seat was a very nice bottle of wine and a lovely note which said basically "Please take care of my car, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, and don't drink the wine while driving".

I just thought it was so classy and kind. When I told a friend about it he said, "well of course, he's a BMW guy" anyhow, I thought it was a neat little note and I thought I would share the experience.

Lovely! If only all CL sellers behaved this way... :D

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You don't have to stray far to find ugly!!!!
New X7 built right next to me in SC.

Attachments

• X7 grill.jpg
    X7 grill.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 165

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I cant remember if I cried, when I heard about his widow'd bride, something touched me deep inside, the day, that subtly died. Apologies to Don McLean.
Big fugly trucks seem to have started it, attempting to look more bad-ass than the other guys...Toyota, Acura, then Lincoln, et.al. for passenger cars. And you're correct about Shenzhen (I think that I remember reading that the Lincoln brand was to be Chinese-only, until the very positive domestic reviews..)..Batman, the Joker (above), Jim Carry's The Mask (the new bmw snout)... and take another look at Mad Max movies...Alvin Toffler...as fearless leader says, "sad". As the CSN&Y song says..."and maybe its the time of man.."

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I cant remember if I cried, when I heard about his widow'd bride, something touched me deep inside, the day, that subtly died. Apologies to Don McLean.
Big fugly trucks seem to have started it, attempting to look more bad-ass than the other guys...Toyota, Acura, then Lincoln, et.al. for passenger cars. And you're correct about Shenzhen (I think that I remember reading that the Lincoln brand was to be Chinese-only, until the very positive domestic reviews..)..Batman, the Joker (above), Jim Carry's The Mask (the new bmw snout)... and take another look at Mad Max movies...Alvin Toffler...as fearless leader says, "sad". As the CSN&Y song says..."and maybe its the time of man.."
Menacing! Tint the windows and you have a Gangsta Mobile. Belongs in the Presidential Motorcade.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Brandon at Terry Sayther's drove a 502 to today's monthly luncheon, a very "animated" automobile I think, The grill looks like it came right out of the movie "Cars", or vice-versa.