Crikey!

Simufly

Reaction score
E3&

When a much-help-needed A Coupe can command a similar price, then I would say "why not" to this asking price. If a Fiat Jolly can bring six ($) figures, and they do so regularly, then I don't have a problem with the number. This car looks remarkable.
Yes but would you pay nearly $80,000 for an E3?

jmackro

Reaction score
Yes but would you pay nearly $80,000 for an E3?

£59995 is about 80,000 Euros. It's $90,700 USD at current exchange rates.

I'm sure a lot was invested to build this e3. This is a probably a case of the seller thinking "well, if it cost me £X to build, then it should be worth £X+". Sadly, that is not always the case.

Last edited:

Simufly

Reaction score
E3

Probably not, but there are folks out there who play on an entirely different level than I am at. For a vintage BMW enthusiast with the resources this could be an acquisition based more upon emotion than a chart in Sports Car Market Magazine.

Good point!
The market is therefore very very small, it's a RHD and therefore not desmogged so that rules out the USA, Europeans haven't woken up to the benefits of the E3 so is there another e3 fan in the UK (other than me ). Not too many I will wager. I haven't won the lottery so I am out of the running.
Best of luck to the seller!

Reaction score
3.0 Si

I'm completely rebuilding a 1973 3.0Si, RHD, more in hope than expectation it will be worth what I'll be forced to spend .......

It is still a joy to drive though, even better than the E9 on the motorway.