Cross Country Auto Transport

BP1

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Dodge Caravan that needs to go from Southern California to Williamsburg, Virginia, arriving late October. Don't think it needs to be enclosed. Any affordable recommendations? Thanks in advance....BOB

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
You will get a bunch of recommendations, here is the first. I have used these guys to transport from California to Boston and NY to Boston................on time and well priced, actually almost half of the others like Reliable etc.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
You will get a bunch of recommendations, here is the first. I have used these guys to transport from California to Boston and NY to Boston................on time and well priced, actually almost half of the others like Reliable etc.
Did I miss the name?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've used Montway before - which is more of a service than a company. In my case, they aligned my needs with a guy that had a 3-car enclosed trailer. But they have a number of options, if I recall correctly. I think I paid $800 to ship enclosed from Florida to Wisconsin. Car arrived in about 2 days after pickup.
rear fog light.jpg

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
You can always place a bid on uship.com. I wouldn’t do that for a beloved vehicle but a 10yo people mover is no problem. I’ve used them a few times. I also saved the contact info for a service that I liked, which takes the 30% uship overhead out of the equation. Most of that is absorbed by the movers so if you can avoid uship then it is mutually beneficial. The upside with the service is that you lost the move and pick the lowest or best bid to move your product (I mean car).

Also - PM @sfdon.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
That vehicle is probably not worth very much (perhaps $3,500?), and rule of thumb for covered shipping is $1 per mile. Open shipping is a fair bit less, but unless you have a strong attachment to it, why not sell it and buy something else?