CS fibreglass bumpers front and rear, ready to start production

aguirola

Reaction score
By the way, if anyone is interested, I have for sale a F&R real lovely condition real E9 bumpers. Euro '73

that I had on another car, that sorta kinda became a race car, but never finished.

They are apart as used for the moulds, complete with all the hardware. Real nice, so that is why my parts came out so smooth.

I can bring to the USA in November, along with the other glass ones on order.
Only the front has two holes for the license plate, the rubber is great.

Thus the bumper source. I can post pix, if anyomne is interested. Price? No idea, but cannot be very inexpensive :)

Regards, Alberto

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
By the way, if anyone is interested, I have for sale a F&R real lovely condition real E9 bumpers. Euro '73

that I had on another car, that sorta kinda became a race car, but never finished.

They are apart as used for the moulds, complete with all the hardware. Real nice, so that is why my parts came out so smooth.

I can bring to the USA in November, along with the other glass ones on order.
Only the front has two holes for the license plate, the rubber is great.

Thus the bumper source. I can post pix, if anyomne is interested. Price? No idea, but cannot be very inexpensive :)

Regards, Alberto
I might be interested in the bumpers, my friend with a Ceylon CS was hit from behind today and the damage is very bad, if it's not totaled he'll need them. A very sad sight to see a crumpled e9.

kongsfam

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Alberto,
Deposit sent thru paypal
Is there more room to SFO for your CSL Alpina front air dam?
Thanks
Bill

aguirola

Reaction score
Hello Bill,
I will measure it and see if we can fit it in a box, and if the Airline will accept it.
Will let you know.
Thank you for the deposit.
Regards, Alberto
I might be interested in the bumpers, my friend with a Ceylon CS was hit from behind today and the damage is very bad, if it's not totaled he'll need them. A very sad sight to see a crumpled e9.
That's too bad Steve, bad news...
Please let me know.

Regards, Alberto

jmackro

Reaction score
Hello Jay, good to find you here! It is always a small world, right?

Alberto: It is a small world, yes. I have both an Alfa Sprint GT and a BMW 2800CS. I've owned the CS longer, though I was an Alfa enthusiast before acquiring the BMW 32 years ago.

PS, Jay, you would not want some lighter bumpers also :) ?

Well ..... The bumpers on my CS are good and I've kept it fairly original. But good luck with your sales!

aguirola

Reaction score
There are / were, some E9ers in the UK that are interested in the Griot's Garage E9 thin bumpers.

As the person that would liaise this production, has reduced communications to a minimum.

I cannot continue chasing him for logistics.

If anyone is interested in following up this project, I would be interested in exploring the project.

Please if interested, we need to be on the ball, and fast.
Making bumpers and parts is not my business, my business is in agriculture and it takes a huge amount of time
in my life, thus, we need to be quick and to the point.

For instance, this surprise order for the bumpers that are in production, it takes a full week to make one, just to put
things in perspective.

Clearly, I need 1 (one) person to coordinate and distribute in the UK, as shipping would be the same for 1 or 10 parts.

If interested, please communicate via mail: alberto.guirola at gmail.com
Kindly, be prepared to provide a telephone contact, as my typing is not best, and the issues are many.

Regards, Alberto

aguirola

Reaction score
Alberto,
Deposit sent thru paypal
Is there more room to SFO for your CSL Alpina front air dam?
Thanks
Bill
Hello Bill,
As far as your wish for a "guirolpina" air dam, we pulled the mould out from the mould bin today.

We have 2 options, one is to make the complete part, but leave it thin in the middle in a 'feathered manner'
then we cut it in half, then you attach it to the car, put a few strategically placed glass splotches in the union,
remove the dam, then proceed to lay another layer of glass in the rear of it, then finish it as you would before prepping for paint.

Option 2, pay the $100 excess (oversize) and I will bring you a complete one. Much easier and a lot cheaper.
Cost: $ 400 for the spoiler

Please advise as time is of the essence.

Regards, Alberto

Last edited:

kongsfam

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Alberto,

I'll go option 2, completed air dam, pay for oversize
Can you do the same with front bumper (similar size) in same container?
I understand rear spoiler is more odd, difficult shape to deal with.
Thanks

Bill

aguirola

Reaction score
Bill,
I can make the front spoiler complete, the bumper, alas, we'll have to look into it.
Meanwhile, I will require an additional deposit of $250 on the spoiler + freight.
Same way ppal as last.
Rear spoiler? I only have the trunklid and roof versions (batmobile). Nothing for the bottom valance of the car or the trunk lid 'lip spoiler'.
Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

aguirola

Reaction score
Hello Bill,

Thank you very much for the prompt deposit. We are starting tomorrow on the spoiler, in between bumpers :)

Best,
Alberto

shanon

Reaction score
Hello,

Any chance of seeing a pic of the "guirolpina" air dam?

Curious in California.
thx
-s