CS on BAT.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
sub $20k...rust bucket

$20-30k...rusty but has maybe decent running gear and interior

$30-40k...some rust, still needs a paint job, but interior and engine is good.

$40-50k...should be 95% rust free, should not need a paint job right away, but still needs one. Interior and drivetrain should be #2 or #3 nice.

$60-70k...super nice. Solid #2. Older resto. zero rust that's noticeable. very nice interior.

$80-100k...incredible original or full-blown resto. Close to #1, but not quite.

$100k+....#1.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I still can't believe we're talking prices like this. For years everyone said that coupes were undervalued but it's weird riding the wave like this. It doesn't feel real to me.

I'm going to get my sedan on the road so it can feel like old times again! :D

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
sub $20k...rust bucket

$20-30k...rusty but has maybe decent running gear and interior

$30-40k...some rust, still needs a paint job, but interior and engine is good.

$40-50k...should be 95% rust free, should not need a paint job right away, but still needs one. Interior and drivetrain should be #2 or #3 nice.

$60-70k...super nice. Solid #2. Older resto. zero rust that's noticeable. very nice interior.

$80-100k...incredible original or full-blown resto. Close to #1, but not quite.

$100k+....#1.

We are seeing a similar thing over here but the appreciation curve is slightly steeper.
I put it down to growing awareness/demand and a low number of RHD cars.
Struggle to buy a RHD CS (even a rusty auto) below $50k AUD.
Could snag a 5 speed manual CS for 30-40k 3 years back.

Bez

Site Donor
Reaction score
Up to 35K with 5days to go! It was RNM on BAT with high bid at 34.5K (36,225 with premium considering 5% BAT fee). Surprising to see that people are bidding on this without a thorough PPI. Has anyone in LA gone to see this coupe?

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Given the listing price of the car when it was on CL ($43k), by guess is their reserve is $40k or close to it). At that price, I agree that a PPI is due course (even though I am a guy that buys cars sight unseen and rolls the dice). :D

Bez

Site Donor
Reaction score
There is no reserve. Not making any judgments about the seller, but no reserve does not preclude shill bidding on eBay. Many cars "sell" and then are relisted immediately. I think if anybody bids 40K+, they will own it.