CS Register Grill Badge - All gone???

jmackro

Reaction score
I’ll take one too. It will match old window decal that my coupe has sported since the era when the Wegweisters were mailing out issues of the "CS Register".

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’ll take one too. It will match old window decal that my coupe has sported since the era when the Wegweisters were mailing out issues of the "CS Register".
Stephen's run will actually be the FOURTH! Art did the first, I did two, and now Stephen is doing the fourth. My vote, even though I already have a badge from my first run, would be for "nothing" . International is 13 letters that I see as small and cramped. I would vote to enlarge the existing lettering and add more "white space." Cleaner, less cluttered in my mind's eye. Now where exactly is that third eye? Inquiring minds want to know.

PS: Look for a future post about decals. And my sincere thanks to Stephen for doing this fourth run. To quote The Band, "Take a load off Fanny." Who ever that was. And no, I don't know whether they will look like my original decal with USA or have "nothing" or what.

Steve

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My vote, even though I already have a badge from my first run, would be for "nothing" . International is 13 letters that I see as small and cramped. I would vote to enlarge the existing lettering and add more "white space." Cleaner, less cluttered in my mind's eye.
Steve is right on target with where I plan to take this new, "broader scope" badge. There is something poetic about a well proportioned, clean graphic. And I think this strategy will express the universality of our forum while still embracing the origin of the CS Register.

Regarding the decals, I was wondering if they could be more regionally targeted. I am assuming that decal runs are easier to generate smaller batches - I could be wrong with that assumption. :rolleyes: But wouldn't it be interesting to have the "universal" or "international" grill badge, and regional decals? The decals could represent a country, a state, a region (Midwest), or even a time (Vintage 2018). Well, I am sure Steve will have some input on that one...

By the way, the responses have been fantastic. We are making good progress towards the minimum order. Please keep your commitments coming for a new badge to add to your collection.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Stephen's run will actually be the FOURTH! Art did the first, I did two, and now Stephen is doing the fourth. My vote, even though I already have a badge from my first run, would be for "nothing" . International is 13 letters that I see as small and cramped. I would vote to enlarge the existing lettering and add more "white space." Cleaner, less cluttered in my mind's eye. Now where exactly is that third eye? Inquiring minds want to know.

PS: Look for a future post about decals. And my sincere thanks to Stephen for doing this fourth run. To quote The Band, "Take a load off Fanny." Who ever that was. And no, I don't know whether they will look like my original decal with USA or have "nothing" or what.

Steve

i agree to leave away the international lettering and simply not say anything, cs register, is universal

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Steve is right on target with where I plan to take this new, "broader scope" badge. There is something poetic about a well proportioned, clean graphic. And I think this strategy will express the universality of our forum while still embracing the origin of the CS Register.

Regarding the decals, I was wondering if they could be more regionally targeted. I am assuming that decal runs are easier to generate smaller batches - I could be wrong with that assumption. :rolleyes: But wouldn't it be interesting to have the "universal" or "international" grill badge, and regional decals? The decals could represent a country, a state, a region (Midwest), or even a time (Vintage 2018). Well, I am sure Steve will have some input on that one...

By the way, the responses have been fantastic. We are making good progress towards the minimum order. Please keep your commitments coming for a new badge to add to your collection.

agree, say nothing, say everything

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'll take one of anything. I suggest we update the website link to whichever is chosen with corresponding graphics so that we actually have a badge that means something,

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'll take one of anything. I suggest we update the website link to whichever is chosen with corresponding graphics so that we actually have a badge that means something,
I am interpreting this as an order for (1) badge. :D
Not sure I fully understand the web link comment, but I like the sound of it. Let me know if there is something I can do.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
At the top of this site we have a link to the "CS Registry" which is not working. I think this should be updated to "CS Register" or whatever is agreed upon name-wise along with the badge graphics so the badge has a connection to an actual registry here and not just a sentimental reference to the '80's.

I am interpreting this as an order for (1) badge. :D
Not sure I fully understand the web link comment, but I like the sound of it. Let me know if there is something I can do.