CS Registry

ggus

Reaction score
Greetings,

Does the BMW CS Registry still produce their newsletter or magazine? the car I am working on had a few in the trunk, I was going through them and they are very informative. Just wondering.

Gus

20140220_131054_resized.jpg

Ohio Jon

Site Donor
Reaction score

Thanks for posting this link. It should be a sticky or in the FAQs.
I have been reading these back issues in my spare time. Lots of interesting info and a fun read. It’s amazing to look back and see how difficult it was to find parts and information on the coupes when they were only 10-15 years old. These days, I don’t even need a repair manual for my 15 year old M3. Everything I could ever need to know is listed in a DIY on the internet and I know every part is available at the dealer. We are truly spoiled in today’s internet world.
It’s been fun looking for my cars in the member’s registry. I found my ‘72 listed in a couple issues from its previous owner. I really enjoyed reading an early work from our Hack Mechanic and found a couple of old names that I haven’t heard in ages from the NEOhio BMW scene of the ’80’s.
Anyone know what happened to the wrecked Frua 2800 project that was owned by Charlie Richardson?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I like them too, I have the originals from the Register which I scanned. I also have all the original applications, neatly organized by Charlie et al, and I found mine from 1985 for my first coupe - it was kinda freaky to see this again, like a parallel universe thing lol. I also found a letter from the previous owner of my current coupe, telling Charlie about it. Neat stuff.

The parts aquisition process really has come light years, back then it took months of writing and waiting to find a part, now if I order it Sunday night and it doesn't get here by the next weekend, I'm pissed! Spoiled...

Thanks for posting this link. It should be a sticky or in the FAQs.
I have been reading these back issues in my spare time. Lots of interesting info and a fun read. It’s amazing to look back and see how difficult it was to find parts and information on the coupes when they were only 10-15 years old. These days, I don’t even need a repair manual for my 15 year old M3. Everything I could ever need to know is listed in a DIY on the internet and I know every part is available at the dealer. We are truly spoiled in today’s internet world.
It’s been fun looking for my cars in the member’s registry. I found my ‘72 listed in a couple issues from its previous owner. I really enjoyed reading an early work from our Hack Mechanic and found a couple of old names that I haven’t heard in ages from the NEOhio BMW scene of the ’80’s.
Anyone know what happened to the wrecked Frua 2800 project that was owned by Charlie Richardson?

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The Register had a number of editors. But the most famous/infamous? Was Art Wegweiser. He relished his role as Curmudgeon-in-Chief. He was generous, knew mostly everything about our coupes, and was far Left of Left Wing. Loved to rile up the members who took the bait every time. Changed the name from Register to Registry. I did two runs of CS Grille badges. The first run, years ago was based on a badge Art lent. So it was CS RegistRY. The second run a couple of years ago there as a movement to go back to the original name of the Register. RegistER. So Register it was.

A tiny footnote in the History. Steve

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It should still work and it did for the others recently, I am not sure how the forum parses these links. Stan I am not sure if you need a Google account to view, that's a possibility though knowing them. If the Moderators want to host these PDF's on this forum let me jnow and I will upload it all.

Does this link still work? It doesn't for me. It appears I can't paste in the entire URL, the forum seems to trunkate it. I get the "cannot display webpage" error

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B1QYF5vIO2Q-MDgzZDllYWEtNzE1ZS00MjZmLTkzNjAtZDZlMDNiMWY3ZTRh

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
FYI the "Complete OCR.pdf" at the bottom of the list is all issues combined and converted to be searchable so you don't have to go through each issue individually. Enjoy the nostalgia!