CSI for sale in Southern Cal.

Bennett

Site Donor
Reaction score
No affiliation. 1974 3.0 CSI - ad states all original but pre-DOT bumpers speak for themself. Possibly a grey market car as no side lights as well. Others with more knowledge can chime in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-CSi-1974-BMW-3-0-CSi-RARE-4-Speed-Manual_W0QQitemZ170326231554QQcategoryZ6056QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&adgroup_id=11865315830360631798&target=Gadget_KW&origin=m5board.com&keyword=1974+2002+bmw&vertical={}&creative_id=1616657517698543252

Bennett

Site Donor
Reaction score
No affiliation. 1974 3.0 CSI - ad states all original but pre-DOT bumpers speak for themself. Possibly a grey market car as no side lights as well. Others with more knowledge can chime in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-CSi-1974-BMW-3-0-CSi-RARE-4-Speed-Manual_W0QQitemZ170326231554QQcategoryZ6056QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&adgroup_id=11865315830360631798&target=Gadget_KW&origin=m5board.com&keyword=1974+2002+bmw&vertical={}&creative_id=1616657517698543252

whalem6

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
csi

If I'm correct the csi was never offered in the USA, so all of them are EURO imports.

whalem6

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
csi

If I'm correct the csi was never offered in the USA, so all of them are EURO imports.

klug

Reaction score
has anyone taken a look at this car? it's been on the classics on sunset website for quite a while, and on ebay for several cycles. looks pretty nice in the pictures... any socal guys know anything about this one?

whalem6 is correct about the bumpers

thanks

klug

Reaction score
has anyone taken a look at this car? it's been on the classics on sunset website for quite a while, and on ebay for several cycles. looks pretty nice in the pictures... any socal guys know anything about this one?

whalem6 is correct about the bumpers

thanks

YBNormal

Reaction score
Manufacture Date

As my #2262238 left the factory in late March of 1972, this one (#2261501) is a little older. Mine is titled here as a 1973, not uncommon for gray market cars.

YBNormal

Reaction score
Manufacture Date

As my #2262238 left the factory in late March of 1972, this one (#2261501) is a little older. Mine is titled here as a 1973, not uncommon for gray market cars.

pamp

Reaction score
'74 Gray market

This looks like a score for one of you out there looking to get your feet wet with an e9. Wish I could have started here. No sunroof. Manual windows. No issues with the body (allegedly)Pre-Dot bumpers. Original engine. Needless to say, a very good starting point. This car must be be a '72, and should have been advertised as such.

pamp

Reaction score
'74 Gray market

This looks like a score for one of you out there looking to get your feet wet with an e9. Wish I could have started here. No sunroof. Manual windows. No issues with the body (allegedly)Pre-Dot bumpers. Original engine. Needless to say, a very good starting point. This car must be be a '72, and should have been advertised as such.

Stefan

Reaction score
Re: csi

whalem6 said:

whalem6: Is this correct?

csi for everyone :D

Stefan

Reaction score
Re: csi

whalem6 said:

whalem6: Is this correct?

csi for everyone :D

MichaelP

Reaction score
+2261501+ falls into the "thru 12/72" group. See:
http://www.bmwcsregistry.org/Coupe_Information/e9production.html

If you look further down the same page, there is a table that shows there were 1061 CSis built in 1971. This car is roughly (they didn't all make it to market) the 1501st CSi off the line, which suggests it's a '72.

Between the tendency for then-new coupes to languish in dealer showrooms and the grey market import process, the titling discrepancy isn't surprising. The current dealer hasn't done his homework very well.

MichaelP

Reaction score
+2261501+ falls into the "thru 12/72" group. See:
http://www.bmwcsregistry.org/Coupe_Information/e9production.html

If you look further down the same page, there is a table that shows there were 1061 CSis built in 1971. This car is roughly (they didn't all make it to market) the 1501st CSi off the line, which suggests it's a '72.

Between the tendency for then-new coupes to languish in dealer showrooms and the grey market import process, the titling discrepancy isn't surprising. The current dealer hasn't done his homework very well.

pamp

Reaction score
Thanks for that,
As the dealer seems to think that this car is a 1974 and I say B.S. I bid on the car, but once I discovered that the car is not as advertised. I cancelled the bid. Now the dealer is "blacklisting" me. Not a nice person. I have additional personal reasons for pulling the bid, asked the sales person to call, but it seems he does not have balls.

pamp

Reaction score
Thanks for that,
As the dealer seems to think that this car is a 1974 and I say B.S. I bid on the car, but once I discovered that the car is not as advertised. I cancelled the bid. Now the dealer is "blacklisting" me. Not a nice person. I have additional personal reasons for pulling the bid, asked the sales person to call, but it seems he does not have balls.