CSI for sale

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
We are brokering several cars, and before they are no longer available we wanted to let everyone know about them. The CSI is a totally restored 72, nacht with black interior. Confidential pictures and info available, not cheap, north of $44K. Also a couple of CSL's from a private collection.

Brent

Reaction score
Re: "We wanted to let everyone know about them. Confidential pictures and info available, not cheap, north of $44K."

Apart from the contradiction in terms, what's the big secret? I can only gather that these cars wouldn't stand up well to public scrutiny?

coov

Reaction score
Pictures and description please.

Hi Sooner,

I would love to receive info on the CSI. Still waiting for a reply to my pm from yesterday.

Thanks,

Coov

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Re: "We wanted to let everyone know about them. Confidential pictures and info available, not cheap, north of $44K."

Apart from the contradiction in terms, what's the big secret? I can only gather that these cars wouldn't stand up well to public scrutiny?

Yes, “we wanted to let everyone know about them” and then followed by “confidential pictures & info available” certainly does seem a bit north of strange to me. If it was posted like that on Craigslist alarm bells would immediately go off for a possible scam :confused::confused: but here it's OK :roll::roll:, right ? ~ John Buchtenkirch

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The wording is a bit odd in this case - I agree..... And is concerning, but...

I have also seen very nice cars advertised here with good to excellent represtation and the seller talking about it to the best of their ability..... and then getting ripped to pieces by people who gave 'opinions' and 'feelings' on value and condition and such..... Ron's cars come to mind.
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/search.php?searchid=230809

Maybe that is where the seller is coming from.... But whatever....

I bought this car as advertised here two years back.... http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3608

Looking back on it now -I am suprised that there was not someone coming in from out of the blue throwing stones at the car or its value in some way.

If someone wants to play a game with private info like that - as always it's buyer beware....

Last edited:

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
The wording is a bit odd in this case - I agree..... And is concerning, but...

I have also seen very nice cars advertised here with good to excellent represtation and the seller talking about it to the best of their ability..... and then getting ripped to pieces by people who gave 'opinions' and 'feelings' on value and condition and such..... Ron's cars come to mind.

Kevin, somewhat of a valid point but would you feel better if you were interested in buying a car and I didn’t point out a flaw I noticed in the body work (my area of expertise) that might not be so noticeable to someone that hasn’t worked in the trade ? Quite a few of these cars are very poorly redone (notice I didn’t use the word restored) and people still ask top dollar for them, is that fair ? So there are 2 sides to the story. ~ John Buchtenkirch

hplug

Reaction score
E9ers

Hello All,
There are good reasons we have posted the way we have. I do not want to spend my time firing pictures to everyone just to see, I am a little busy for that. I have been in the Automotive industry for 15 years, I have been a buyer for major dealerships and have had the luxury to purchase rare, classic, and exotic cars for years. I will put money on my ability to pick apart a car and give a better description than most but I am not going to take these steps just because. As you can see by my profile I have been on this board for 4 some years with around 100 posts, my father Sooner has also been here for 4 years although he is a bigger talker with 160 some posts, both of us were also on the Roadfly e9 board way back when it was the board to use.
If it were me before I posted one of my first 5 posts I would do a little research about the initial poster before I would make some half witted statement of " I can only gather that these cars wouldn't stand up well to public scrutiny?" Do some reasearch before you run your mouth.

My Fathers coupe nicknamed "the Virgin" from Murray Fowler is an outstanding car that is pretty well untouched and an exceptional e9. Between the 2 of us we have owned some 40 plus vintage BMWs including 5 coupes. I have sold many rare and unusual parts to fellow e9ers both on this board, ebay and the old roadfly board most which I spent years researching and tracking down to create reliable inventory.

There are few people that truely understand these cars on and off this board I like to consider myself and my father one of these few always striving to get to the level soley inhabited by guru Mr. Fowler.

These cars per the owners do not want these cars blanketed across the internet and out of respect for them we will only send photos and info to those truely interested next week as we also have made a promise to a potential purchaser that we would give him a little more time.
Thanks to those who are constructive and the others well you know what to do,
H

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
your reply

Hi,

I sent you a PM several days ago requesting information regarding the CSL's.

Still awaiting your reply....

MB

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello All

Sorry for the delay. The CSL is currently off the market for the time being as an intersted party is arranging a viewing.
The CSi is still available and everyone that requested information should have it. If they are any questions or issues please let me know. Thanks,
Hayes
214-274-4321

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello all

I think everyone should have all the info if it was requested. That being said the Taiga CSL and the Nackt CSI are both still available. If you are interested please feel free to contact me or my son. Thanks,
Richard
[email protected]
Hayes
[email protected]
214-274-4321

mikes

Reaction score
Car purchasing experience

I haven't met Hayes and don't have any interest in this discussion other that to say I purchased my '73 coupe from him in the spring and the car was accurately represented. I found the car via this discussion board, talked to Hayes over the phone and exchanged emails. He took my personal check and the car shipped from NM to Maine. My car is a project, not a $40K restored example, but it was straight and rust free as advertised.

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
Well, maybe our time is too important and we are too "busy" to start researching. Geee, want to sell a car post a bunch of pictures with a description so its all out in the open.
If its a great car then you don't have anything to fear do you? BTW, you are not the only that knows about these cars...there is a wealth of knowledgable people here.
Guess our time is alot less important.
abe

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Time?

Sorry to upset you Abe, we are just doing what we were instructed to do by the owners. They do not what a bunch of tire kickers, lookie loos, or time wasters....sorry, but we do not claim to be the most knowledgeable, or experts...just honest guys giving honest advice and answers where we can.
We fully understand the good guys on this board, and do not pass judgement intentionally. It seems when cars are posted, all take shots at this or that, and the owners of these cars do not have the time to waste, just thinning their collections.

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Csl

CSL sold to a member of this board, we will let him provide the details if he wishes.
thanks for the interest.