CSi - possible sale

YBNormal

Reaction score
Gauging interest in my 1972 CSi coupe project, #2262238, an Italian import titled here as a '73 with 86.6K miles. Evaluating the co$t to finish vs. getting something I can enjoy now. Purchased in Nevada (well sold!) but it was a CA car for over 30 years. An overview:

Body: Hood, front fenders and roof are O.K. - hit in left rear and badly repaired by PO, terrible paint (original color Fjord). "California Rust" in lower front fenders and edges of roof, but spare tire well and floor are fine.

Interior: Stock blue velour in good shape. Wood panel on back of dash/bin missing - I like it as is. Needs carpets, has auxiliary AC installed by PO to cope with Lost Vegas heat.

Engine: Stock 3.0 with 32/36 Webers - don't have the FI. Partially disassembled since I fried the starter and was investigating a disturbing noise from the lower front. Stahl Header and stock exhaust in good shape. 4 speed O.K. but linkage is sloppy - if I keep it will restore with the Z3 lever and rebuild kit.

Other: 7 x 14 Alpinas (2 replicas) purchased from Marcus Glarner with Yokohama ST's, 215/60 front and 225/60 rear. Shocks are KYB, very firm as noted by others. Carl Nelson springs - sitting high in pics as its on jackstands. The Momo steering wheel and Alpinas are restored to a decent "driver" standard. Guibo, brake lines and fluid were replaced.

PM for more info or pictures if you're interested.

Attachments

• Concours and Olde Coupe 039.jpg
    Concours and Olde Coupe 039.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Olde Coupe 001.jpg
    Olde Coupe 001.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Olde Coupe 002.jpg
    Olde Coupe 002.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Concours and Olde Coupe 042.jpg
    Concours and Olde Coupe 042.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 174
  • Concours and Olde Coupe 035.jpg
    Concours and Olde Coupe 035.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

YBNormal

Reaction score
More Parts & Pics

Also included are most of the window and trunk rubber from Maxmillian (except the big door seals). Body work was planned in '07 but that didn't pan out, and with the economy(?) in 2008, sinking money into an old car was not an option for a "Persun of Modest Means."

I'd be interested in trading plus cash for something sporting with manual - BMW, 911SC or?

Attachments

• Concours and Olde Coupe 038.jpg
    Concours and Olde Coupe 038.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Concours and Olde Coupe 040.jpg
    Concours and Olde Coupe 040.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Concours and Olde Coupe 041.jpg
    Concours and Olde Coupe 041.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 126