CSi "Running Project"

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What does this mean 'Taking Highest Offer. No Low Ballers." car is worth about 1500.00, I wonder if that would be considered a high offer or a low ball offer?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
What does this mean 'Taking Highest Offer. No Low Ballers." car is worth about 1500.00, I wonder if that would be considered a high offer or a low ball offer?

I get the theme of your post, but disagree on the price. I think it is worth $3,000 in non running condition, parts alone. I would double that for 'running' status. Even the crappiest e9 is worth $1,500 in parts.

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like another poor sister of your parts car, Markos. And I would agree with you on value.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Agree Markos, I was figuring in my time to take it apart :)

That really is the killer... the parting out process. Rusted bolts, brittle plastic and other seized components really do take the fun out of the parting out process. I recently sold my first part and really wonder if the time to take it off, box it and take it to the post really was worth the time lol!! That said, I have enjoyed the parting out process to get to know the lay of the land on these.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Agree Markos, I was figuring in my time to take it apart :)

I don't think you are allowed to factor your time into the equation, especially when conveying value on a forum. My time may be worth more or less tha.
That really is the killer... the parting out process. Rusted bolts, brittle plastic and other seized components really do take the fun out of the parting out process. I recently sold my first part and really wonder if the time to take it off, box it and take it to the post really was worth the time lol!! That said, I have enjoyed the parting out process to get to know the lay of the land on these.

Hmm, I don't factor my time into value. It isn't a fair public assessment of a vehicle's worth. Everybody's time is measured differently. A lot of folks on here are retired and may have time to tinker, but it still isn't worth their time to part out a car. I only part out my car during my free/play time. Plus, every hour that I spend working on the parts car is another hour of knowledge gained about e9's. Unfortunately this isn't my 10th CS and I have a ton to learn.

I've broken and scratched some parts also. Just yesterday I forgot to include a part in the box. Ugh!!!