CSi Visit

The 3.07 has a resevoir on it as seen from the driver’s side. You can quickly look for that first unless you want to check for an LSD.
That reservoir can be removed with an E9 style aluminum top vent piece. That will make it look like a proper E9 side loader. The only give away is the plugged reservoir return hole in the side.

Back in the day people put CR dogleg transmissions in without changing the stock diff ratio. My Polaris E9 (now living in the PNW) was setup this way by Beaconwood Motors in the mid/late 1970’s (with a ZF CR dogleg box).

John

Back in the day people put CR dogleg transmissions in without changing the stock diff ratio. My Polaris E9 (now living in the PNW) was setup this way by Beaconwood Motors in the mid/late 1970’s (with a ZF CR dogleg box).

Hijack! I want to say that @shanon has a Getrag dogleg with a 3.64. Sounds like a blast. The final drive is no different than a four speed but a lot of fun up to 5th gear! I plan to run a 3.25 with a dogleg.

Hijack! I want to say that @shanon has a Getrag dogleg with a 3.64. Sounds like a blast. The final drive is no different than a four speed but a lot of fun up to 5th gear! I plan to run a 3.25 with a dogleg.
To keep this hijack going, my car came to me with a CR dogleg and 3.64 diff. But I plan to use a 3.45 lsd while I keep an eye out for a 3.25 lsd.

That reservoir can be removed with an E9 style aluminum top vent piece. That will make it look like a proper E9 side loader. The only give away is the plugged reservoir return hole in the side.

John

John - isn't the return hole the same hole we think of as the fill hole?

Diff 13/40 so 3.07 LSD with his 265/5 dogleg. Maybe installed by Art W back in the day.

3DFEAEE6-674E-4A69-9266-9466CC7CB30C.png

It’s 3,15 LS but not the way BMW did it (which didnt last very long). Done by my Swiss mechamic who did a lot of work for me. Engine was done in Germany by an ex-Alpina mechanic. A lot of upgrades and improvements make the car extremely tight and it handles like a modern car. The car was good when I got it but now it is exceptional. I had 11 of them at one stage byt have sold 3. (I also have >20 Jaguars from the 50s and 60s, and some of those will have to go as well. Too many to manage.

Peder, You will be glad to know that I helped John figure out his A/C fan and heater fan issues. The main load shed relay failed so no power to fuse block terminals 9 and 10. We were working downstream checking continuity from fan switch, temp switch, drier switch, A/C relay by battery, etc. After three hours John kept bugging me to check heater motor so we removed fuse block. The green wires from fused side of 9 had slipped off, A/C fan fixed! Then noticed still no heater fan. John swapped two of the relays above the hood release door and bingo we had heater fan! You sold your coupe to someone who has a great aptitude to figure things out but it took both of us, he will treasure and take good care of your coupe. Cheers, Chris

Peder, You will be glad to know that I helped John figure out his A/C fan and heater fan issues. The main load shed relay failed so no power to fuse block terminals 9 and 10. We were working downstream checking continuity from fan switch, temp switch, drier switch, A/C relay by battery, etc. After three hours John kept bugging me to check heater motor so we removed fuse block. The green wires from fused side of 9 had slipped off, A/C fan fixed! Then noticed still no heater fan. John swapped two of the relays above the hood release door and bingo we had heater fan! You sold your coupe to someone who has a great aptitude to figure things out but it took both of us, he will treasure and take good care of your coupe. Cheers, Chris

Glad to hear this Chris. Everything worked when the very honest car dealer (classix.se) came to my summer house in late August to pick the car up.
Have you noticed the new headliner?
Can he keep the Km/h speedo? which is calibrated to the 3.15 diff
I think I told him not to put the 5-6 heavy tools in the grey box, and to keep the door windows 1/3 open when not using the car (to avoid flattening the rubber seals on the rear quarter lights).
I never wash my cars with water. Only McGuiars candy smelling Express Cleaner and soft, washable wipes. But then I never drive them in the rain or on wet roads. Considering this,, it is not necessary to have the front inner wings by Finnish company Lokari. They are easily removed by undiing 4 screws on each side.
I really miss the car, after all the hours and money spent over 12-13 years. But glad to hear that John is the right custodian if it. Funny, andvery useful, that you are 5 miles away frim him.

Back