CSL Auction Australia

Ian C

Site Donor
Reaction score
This site had a CSL for auction some 2 months ago, Sienna brown (?} in Tas. Definitely needed work, DNS at around $180K AUD
Edit... the site was Trading Garage not Collecting Cars

Last edited:

Breiti

Reaction score
Was Ceylon. Know that car well. Very solid 3 owner survivor. Market has softened.
ok, not realy sure if the marcet has soften, but....
Still 3 days until auction AND
all the bling bling ist very bad, quater rusted thrue, doors rusted thrue, door hanging, interior is tattered, exhause straightpiped.....
Nothing, i´ve seen that not need to be touched.

i think that price at the moment is absolutly ok for that condition.

And its an WHD :p

Breiti

burky

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Steering wheel is interesting, my CSL had the same wheel , which makes it the third time I have seen this Momo on a CSL?,in Australia.

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
With fee , this sold for about 150k aud. I know from experience, this car will need circa 220k - 250k aud spent on it , to fully restore / source all correct and required aspects of it. not clear if it is matching numbers car All RHD csl's in Aus are UK imports, as CSL was not delivered here from the dealer, so they tend to start their lives as UK City packs, so steel doors, etc etc, not full/full lightweights, but still very desireable. fully restored one here advertised for 480k AUD, has not sold, talk it may get shipped back to UK to sell...

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
With fee , this sold for about 150k aud. I know from experience, this car will need circa 220k - 250k aud spent on it , to fully restore / source all correct and required aspects of it. not clear if it is matching numbers car All RHD csl's in Aus are UK imports, as CSL was not delivered here from the dealer, so they tend to start their lives as UK City packs, so steel doors, etc etc, not full/full lightweights, but still very desireable. fully restored one here advertised for 480k AUD, has not sold, talk it may get shipped back to UK to sell...

As far as I know RHD CSLs all came with alloy doors. There's a load of info on here about it. The 'Pack' makes them more comfortable to drive etc but make no mistake they are still a full CSL with all of the other lightweight bells and whistles that LHD injected cars had.

terryhills

Reaction score
My RHD CSL has alloy doors, and as it's a city pack also has electric windows, both front and rear. Interestingly the car in the auction has manual front windows. The centre console has 2 switches, which I assume operate the rear windows?

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My RHD CSL has alloy doors, and as it's a city pack also has electric windows, both front and rear. Interestingly the car in the auction has manual front windows. The centre console has 2 switches, which I assume operate the rear windows?

If memory serves this car has a low vin for the RHD CSLs. I believe the first 50 or so cars are known as d
'drive back cars' as they were driven back to UK to be used as demonstrators/show room cars. I know a few of these and all seem to have manual front windows and electric rears. Happy to be corrected if wrong.

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
....my ´72 RHD CityPack CSL also came with the alloy doors (same for hood and trunk) as well as electric windows front and rear.