CSL Bonnet

Quattmann

Reaction score
Hi, bit of a long shot. Anybody know where I can get aluminium bonnet for my csl please.

lee davis

Reaction score
hello

if its nay help BMW have at the Moment stopped producing the aluminium
bonnet but are looking into Re-production.
As an alternative they offer the Steel one instead which is available.

Kind Regards
[email protected]

Quattmann

Reaction score
Thanks for your responses. My car already has a steel bonnet for reasons I don't know before I bought it. Of course anyone who knows anything about csl notices this immediately. Meanwhile I have sent message to German site that was mentioned.

Quattmann

Reaction score
Hello, just bouncing this, 8 months on. Still need this bonnet if anyone can help please.
Ta.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
My car already has a steel bonnet for reasons I don't know before I bought it. Of course anyone who knows anything about csl notices this immediately.

Dent-free?

Quattmann

Reaction score
Ally bonnet

Hello, just giving this a bounce for ally bonnet. Please don't raise my hopes by PMing asking for details for registers, I'll put it on an official register for all to see when I've finished the renovation. Thanks.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alloy bonnet

A good panel beater should be able to make you one from scratch. Perhaps you should make a few more for sale?

John

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not perhaps .. Certainly.

If they can make SLR , TR, and C/D type bodies ... I think they can make an E9 hood.

RonP

Reaction score
I have one, but it needs a lot of work. It was stripped by the previous owner and was warped. A skilled craftsman can surely fix it, but emphasis on "Skilled".

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I doubt a panel beater would be able to recreate the underside of the bonnet easily?

execmalibu

Reaction score
RonP is that the hood from over at John Espositos Body Shop/

Is that the warped hood the same one that was at Johns shops?

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
yeah, I'm probably full a bull...

I doubt a panel beater would be able to recreate the underside of the bonnet easily?

The local guys who make entire cars fron scratch (repkicas and custom designs) probably order the bodies from some sweatshop in Mexico...

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Recreating a CSL hood

I was at a friends shop this morning killing some time. I asked him if he could recreate a CSL hood to trunk, including the frame. We looked at some pictures of bent and cracked CSL hoods/trunklids and he said, "sure, it's just time and materials."

As a point of comparison, he did a complete trunk recreation which cost over $6k for the metalwork. This type of shop probably doesn't think in terms of easy or not, as they do things until they're done right ... however long it takes.

He showed me other pictures of other bonnet/boot lids he's made from scratch (alloy and steel), some of which included fabricating the underside framework.

Ron, I'm sure there are many such guys in SoCal who could fix or replicate any CSL panel you so desired. I believe there are guys like this in every part of the country. They aren't that hard to find. Just get the list of PB winning cars (BIC or BOS) and find out which shops did the panel work on those cars.

John