CSL Boot Carpet

Atavistic

Site Donor $
Reaction score
We have a question for owners of truly original City Pack RHD CSL's

What carpet do you have in the boot?

Ours had a lightweight black carpet (now poor quality) - I read somewhere sometime ago (and don't have a reference) that some sort of lighter weight black carpet was used in these cars? However, my search has been fruitless to find this reference.

We have plenty of the black and grey speckled carpet you see below - and can easily make one of these for the boot - but want to check first can anyone help please?

Many thanks

David

IMG-5960.JPG
IMG-7663.JPG

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi David,
Although I’m not a right hand car owner, the rule of thumb generally is, same carpet in the trunk as in the rest of the car.
Regarding the thin black light weight (felt like) carpet for the Csl’s (and in the trunk), that is correct. I’ve only seen the ‘normal’ type of carpet in the right hand cars. Possibly to do with the comfort city package specs.
Cheers
Keshav

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Where do we get the lightweight black (felt like) carpet for RHD cars? I haven't looked at KHM yet.
My CSL had the same type of carpet as pictured when I bought it and she'd been in storage since 1983 so presume original.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
restoring my blue coupe i ordered new carpets…. was surprized they weighted 9.6 kg !
Wonder what the CSL carpets are ?

Reactions: Wes