CSL Clone -ebay

3nsahalee

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks to be well executed...
$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Other-B...ce72b3a74&item=261576407668&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 104

RonP

Reaction score
Steve, I about did the same to me when I read your post....LOL! That and a few other things on the car were just going to be too costly to fix. If you got a laugh from them, you should have seen the home made side skirts I ripped off of it. The Chevy pickup side markers are a bit much as well. I completely gutted the interior and didn't save any photos-that would have made you wet your britches with laughter! All of the wood had been replaced with aluminum and there were three serpentine objects coming from the speaker hole! It took a lot of work, time, and money to save this car.

windnsea

Reaction score
Come on, Ron! You should have left the three a/c ducts coming out of the speaker grill location intact! It looked like a freighter had surfaced under the car and the vents were coming through from the engine compartment. Kinda looked like Medusa.

Really though, you did a great job given what you had to work with. Did you have to put any counterbalancing weights on the right front end to counter the weight of that exhaust?

Gary Hesse

RonP

Reaction score
Come on, Ron! You should have left the three a/c ducts coming out of the speaker grill location intact! It looked like a freighter had surfaced under the car and the vents were coming through from the engine compartment. Kinda looked like Medusa.

Really though, you did a great job given what you had to work with. Did you have to put any counterbalancing weights on the right front end to counter the weight of that exhaust?

Gary Hesse

That is funny ****, Gary! Muffler being replaced tomorrow with a SS Stebro. Can't wait to get that boat muffler off of the car.

arnie

Reaction score
Can't wait to get that boat muffler off of the car.
You can do whatever you like, as long as you don't cut this **** flares off the body, it remains unbelievable ugly. :shock::shock::shock:

The one, who did these, deserves a big penalty for that. :evil:

tightbox

Reaction score
Saw the Canepa CSL in person a month or two ago. I definitely wasn't a fan of the rear flares, but I also had no idea they were done at the factory.

Like some of the overly modded early 911's, these cars look better narrow IMHO.

Attachments

• CSL.jpg
    CSL.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 141

RonP

Reaction score
the car doesn't require tuningas it is a Carl Nelson 1.3 motronicconversion with a 179 computer and then Alpina b10 chip