CSL for sale at munich legends for £25k...

Cool. Looks a nice example. Seems a fair price actually.............what's that, about USD 40K? I like the "sympathetically fitted" AC system. = )

corsachili said:
Cool. Looks a nice example. Seems a fair price actually.............what's that, about USD 40K? I like the "sympathetically fitted" AC system. = )

That's $48,570 USD. I've always like how the RHD CSLs have that wooden ledge on the dashboard.

How do you think RHD cars go compared to LHD? The RHD market is much more limited, I would think. I agree, this is a fine looking car from what you can see.

The main difference in go would be down to the exhaust manifold being constricted by the steering box position on a RHD car. As well as that the extra weight.

rhd vs. lhd values is a good question. i have looked pretty close for quite a few years. i reckon lhd is more expensive than rhd (unusually for rhd vs. lhd generally) by maybe 10%, but that may be a function of there being so many more lhd examples restored or top condition than rhd (at least that are web or uk car magazine advertised).

there was a csl feature in one if the uk classic magazines last year (can't recall which one as i am in a us hotel raher than at home) which cited someone (maybe even munich legends) saying a good csl 2-3 years ago was £15k but today (2006) is £25k. the description of the munich legends car doesn't really say what is its std/condition, but the £25k would sound about right.

with the us42k car this week, the us ~60k csl inka a few months ago on ebay, the £80k bat in ebay in '06 all the signs are good.

last year when i bought my csl i honestly justified in my own head that was an investment (and hopefuly thisis objective as i have some other money pits which i am happy to admit are just that). i know such a justification is contrary to many recent posts, bit look at the recent 2.7 rs prices, as well as astons and ferraris of the era (or a few years before) and it has to be that the e9's day will come.

agreed?

mark said:
with the us42k car this week, the us ~60k csl inka a few months ago on ebay, the £80k bat in ebay in '06 all the signs are good.
....it has to be that the e9's day will come.

agreed?

I think a huge part of why the market has "seemed" depressed in E9s is because most are in need of a $50K+ restoration. IMHO, the prices have been justifiably low. Good E9s fetch good money -- I think that's more true today than ever.

looks very nice.... shame about the lack of detail, un original black window wiper blades and arms, no hose clips on the master cylinder (by the looks of it ?) all the under hood black paint being gloss, no rear fog light (would not pass an mot with out it.....) Also did the csl come with covers over the rear wheel arches in the boot (or trunk) ? mine has never had any.
Still looks a very good example, and I am being really picky because ML are selling it....

marc

E9 Prices...

It seems to me that Murray, Bluemax for those who don't know him, tried to convince the board about two or three years ago that coupe values were on their way up. I hate it when he's right! ;-)

Dan

Well 500 RHD and a few less LHD models were made (because of the 167 Bats all were LHD [please correct me if I'm wrong]). Despite this, one might surmise that there are fewer RHD models due to the climate of their home markets.

Another aspect of this car's character that has not been mentioned is that it's an aluminum door model. I don't know how many CSLs were made with the lightweight doors, but it's a much smaller number I'd guess.

The car's condition and restoration standards appear to be very high, although I must say, the engine bay's appearance leaves a little to be desired. Cleaned up manifolds and valve cover would certainly help the looks in that area.

Munich Legends

Is that a decent dealership? I've certainly seen their name around. What's their reputation?

Munich Legends

Guys,

Munich Legends are a family run business, who have been in E9's for years and years. They really know their CS coupes.

They helped me greatly when my CSi was restored. They supplied many parts at reasonable costs - they had an E9 graveyard out the back! Delivery was always good. They were always on hand, even if you were only after advice, and they weren't gonna get a sale (this time)!

Like most other private businesses, they have had to branch into other BMW models as the E9's have thinned out. However, they have stayed in the performance / unusual side of BMW's - M cars, Z's, and even some CSL racers being their "thang!"

I have not had much dealings with them of late, but do come on the board and recommend them when people this side of the pond are looking for bits.

mine came with them, but they may have just been added as part of the resto. Unless they were part of the 'Town Kit' that was added to RHD CSL's?

Mine had them too but as they were in a bad way they were binned and never to be fitted again!

regarding wheel arch trim and 16" Alpinas on front

A word of caution re shortening springs or installing other than stock lengths--

with wheel arch trim in place it is not feasible to "roll the fender arches"--and YOU WILL MOST LIKELY INFLICT DAMAGE TO TIRES/TYRES and FENDERS IF YOU GO THE ROUTE of 16" ALPINAS + SHORT SPRINGS & WHEEL ARCH TRIM!!!

Back