CSL on eBay

nealf

Reaction score
Does anyone know this car or is this person a contributor here?

nf
'70 2800CS
'72 Bavaria
'73 2002

Tyler

Reaction score
Item #120251517276. This looks alot like CSL 2275384 sold 18 months ago on Ebay by a guy in San Juan or Florida for about $60-70k. If its the same car, it is an older Coupeking restoration that is still in excellent condition with a 3.3l transplant.

Strange listing - so little info on the car, no reserve and no seller feedback. Looks fishy.

chicane

Reaction score
nealf said:
Does anyone know this car or is this person a contributor here?

nf
'70 2800CS
'72 Bavaria
'73 2002

Next time please post a link.

chicane

Reaction score
Tyler said:
Item #120251517276. This looks alot like CSL 2275384 sold 18 months ago on Ebay by a guy in San Juan or Florida for about $60-70k. If its the same car, it is an older Coupeking restoration that is still in excellent condition with a 3.3l transplant.

Strange listing - so little info on the car, no reserve and no seller feedback. Looks fishy.

+2. It looks like that car from Puerto Rico. And +2 too little info to even be interested. And why would he be selling so quickly.

Malc

Reaction score
+2 definitely looks like the car from Puerto Rico
Guess he might be selling it, he did ask questions on the board.
If I was serious about bidding I would go and see it before placing a bid

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm really sorry for this late reply but I've been very busy lately and away from a computer. The car is located in Temple, TX. It has all the
papers(complete). This was my husband's car who passed away 4 months ago, it only brings me bad memories. I want this transaction to be smooth as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and I don't have much time at my disposal. The car is in perfect condition, no scratches, no special marks, no need for additional repairs what so ever, no leaks, rust free. A great car ready to be yours. It has a clear title.
The price is $5,900. All shipping fees anywhere in the continental US are included. There are no other costs regarding this transaction. Regarding payment I am aware of the eBay's rules and we will use their vehicle protection service which will hold the money until you receive the 1973 BMW 3.0 CSL.
If you are interested please provide me the following informations necessary to take a decision:
-eBay user ID
-any negative feedback and if so .... for what reason
If I receive the requested information you will be informed by eBay during the next hours with details about your purchase.
Thank you,
Jessica Sickler

Tom M

Reaction score
It looks like Ebay removed the listing.
This smacks of a scam on which a friend of mine lost over 5 large.
Widow wanting to dump the car, transportation included, and the decidedly below market price.
Whatever you do, don't wire transfer or money order any $ Ebay cannot help ypu recover anything..