CSL perspex windows

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm in the process of ordering some new perspex windows for my CSL restoration - rear screen and rear quarter panel.
Sadly CK's producer is no longer making them, which means they are NLA with the original 'PERSPEX' markings.
Lexan in the UK are going to fab me a set without their markings on them so I can hopefully reinstate a copy of the original decal.
I'm hoping somebody on here can provide me with a high quality .jpg of what the original marking should look like so I can investigate how to make a replacement. Based on some grainy pics I've seen looks like it's actually etched into the windows.
If I can design/build a fix I'll make available to the Forum as I'm surely not the only CSL pedant on here :)

W.

giannicsl

Reaction score
Ciao, spero possa essere di aiuto
Ps
I modelli 2285
Non hanno mai avuto perspex
Io lascerei i suoi vetri originali

Attachments

• IMG-20190518-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20190518-WA0003.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: Wes

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
- it’s melted in with a special soldering iron.

giannicsl

Reaction score
Solo le prime 169 e le seconde serie su richiesta perspex
fare un 2285 come
è molto dispendioso
Non ha senso
Vai a togliere valore alla serie 2285
per creare un ibrido csl con poco valore sul mercato del csl
Un ottimo restauro su 2285 e la scelta migliore

Reactions: Wes

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's the translation for both of Giannicsl's posts:

Hi, I hope it can help Ps The 2285 models They never had perspex I would leave his original glasses.

Only the first 169 and the second series on perspex request make a 2285 like it's very expensive It does not make sense Go to remove value from the 2285 series to create a csl hybrid with little value on the csl market An excellent restoration on 2285 and the best choice.

shanon

Reaction score
I'm running some very nice (I think they're cool) embossed repop prototypes I got in the early 2000s.

They were slightly too thick for a high dollar resto back then, so they sold the protos off when they made another batch. Indeed engraved/embossed.

The fixed window eliminates the regulator weight in addition too glass weight. Those regulators are heavy.

No one ever really sits in back so the feature isn't really missed in my opinion.

The lightness and simplicity is appreciated. You can always save the parts removed for another day if needed...

Happy to share a pic if needed, but not going to be around the Bat Cave for a few weeks.

Hth
-s

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I'm running some very nice (I think they're cool) embossed repop prototypes I got in the early 2000s.

They were slightly too thick for a high dollar resto back then, so they sold the protos off when they made another batch. Indeed engraved/embossed.

The fixed window eliminates the regulator weight in addition too glass weight. Those regulators are heavy.

No one ever really sits in back so the feature isn't really missed in my opinion.

The lightness and simplicity is appreciated. You can always save the parts removed for another day if needed...

Happy to share a pic if needed, but not going to be around the Bat Cave for a few weeks.

Hth
-s

Totally agree mate.
It's all about the curb weight in a CSL. All I'm doing to mine is leaving the City Pack options back in the shed and returning it to what it was originally.

Honolulu

Reaction score
Hardcore are I. Growing up in Hawaii I went barefoot unless commanded otherwise. That includes a goodly number of years at University of Hawaii Civil Engineering. It's a pain to ride a 10-speed barefoot, but all part of the wonderful panoply of life. This was in the 70s.

The window regulators bit me in my own backyard. No man is safe...

Steven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hardcore are I. Growing up in Hawaii I went barefoot unless commanded otherwise. That includes a goodly number of years at University of Hawaii Civil Engineering. It's a pain to ride a 10-speed barefoot, but all part of the wonderful panoply of life. This was in the 70s.

The window regulators bit me in my own backyard. No man is safe...
I grew up in Hawaii, and nothing that can’t be done in slippers. I work on my coupe almost exclusively in Locals!