csl prob....solved maybe!

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well guys i was out messing around with the csl today and i took the sender out of the tank, there was a jelly covering over the paper filter at the bottom. It seems some sealant used as well as the o ring has reacted with the petrol and gone to jelly!

Its hard to believe she was getting any fuel at all. I cent see how it would affect it that much on different side turns but it must be the problem! (touch wood)

The old o ring for the top is shot so i need to get one but according to real oem it is NLA.

I also need a new filter for the sender. Anyone changed this? It appears to be available.

Then clean the gauze filter going into the pump and finally the main one too.

Very happy to have found something wrong which is easily fixable.

regards,

Rohan

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
thanks TJ, i was delighted to see your post regarding the headlight switch. Amasing how these things can be caused sometimes.

We can both get on with fine tuning and enjoying our cars now!

Regards,

Rohan

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
anyone know where i could get an o ring large enough to seal the sender to the tank, the old one is shot. Preferably here in the UK. Realoem is showing them as NLA.

Regards,

Rohan

baldo

Reaction score
I just purchased both rings from Carl Nelson at La Jolla independent here in the US. Site address is bimmerdoc.com. Did you try Walloth u. Nesch ?
Good luck,
Charlie 75 csi

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
hey Charlie,

going to give w and N a ring tomorrow. guess they should have them.

Also the end of the sender is bent at an angle, is this meant to be the case?

Regards,

Rohan

Malc

Reaction score
Hello Rohan,
THere are a bunch of people who will make 0-rings to any size etc. If you have the dimensions and the wall thickness they should be able to zip one (or more) out for you.
An example of a company up here is

www.aberdeenseals.co.uk

I'm sure there must be companies doing this in your neck of the woods!

HTH
Malc

Honolulu

Reaction score
sender 0-rings

are just o-rings, any industrial and bearing shop should have them. They are sorted by ID and thickness, metric of course, so your bit shoudl be somethingn like (I'm guessing, now) 56 x 3. Get out your calipers and measure the OD of the sender, this will be the ID of the o-ring; then assume a 3 mm thickness.

Call around, then take the sender with you when you go to get the part. I've done this with my local bearing supply house, but it was a while back.

Charlie in Honolulu