CSL tool bag

CSL 1973

Reaction score
It looks like the CSL was equipped from factory with a basic tool bag. I'm not talking about the option "Tool kit" attached in the boot. Due to some docs I have read, both the carb and injection version should be equipped with a tool bag in textile/leatherette and with some few tools (keys like 8/10, 13/14, 17/19 etc).

The BMW part nr was 71 11 9 690 001. If you aim for originality...

Cheers

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Speaking of tool bags. About a year ago someone on this board was selling tool bags from the 635 Series. I bought one and could not have been happier. Sturdy, well made, holds all the tools from the box and more, attractive and only one generation newer.
Thanks to whom ever sold it to me.

Steve ONeill

hplug

Reaction score
tool bag

I have a couple tool bags from the M1 I use in my coupe and they are great. If interested pm me I think I have 2 left

hplug

Reaction score
original M1 tool bag

These are now NLA only one left $100.
H

Attachments

• toolbag 001.jpg
    toolbag 001.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 176
  • toolbag 002.jpg
    toolbag 002.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 168

hplug

Reaction score
sold

It is strange I bought the last 8 of these bags 4 or 5 years ago hoping to sell them to them coupe guys here and could not drum up much interest now that I just sold the last one about 10 people want them. Haha strange world
h

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Correction. It was an M1 tool bag and I believe the seller was hplug. Great to deal with, bag is a terrific addition to the trunk and takes the stress off the shell/tool box.

I have shown mine to numerous coupe owners, well actually about seven, and none expressed interest beyond, "it's nice."

Steve

siscobmw

Reaction score
CSL1973: yep the csl went with tool bag,i cannot bet,but it is the same bmw used for 02 and NK series.....wallothnesch have that complete, if I remember right.
OT: have you received my private message?
regards, Francesco

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Tool Bag

I have an original, still in plastic with BMW orange part sticker tool bag that is black with red trim. Thought to be very early 1600 or 2002 bag. Sticker shows 71 11 1 115 811, best I can tell. I do not need if someone wants to make a reasonable offer.
thanks