CSL with black sun-shields/visors?

CSL 1973

Reaction score
As I know there are several members on this Forum who own a CSL, my very deep and scientific question is the following:

How many of you have the black sun-shields/visors with the small and integrated make-up mirror on the passenger side?

On my CSL 1973, I have a passenger sun-shield (black) with the integrated make-up mirror.

Cheers

Matt_McGinn

Reaction score
The csl in my shop has the same setup

and its a legit low miles car that has never had the interior out...

CSL 1973

Reaction score
Many thx for the replies. It is always interesting to establish what kind of differiences BMW made within the CSL production. It would be interesting to hear from a CSL owner who has got no passenger make-up mirror at all. Normally all CSLs came with black sun visors including one make-up mirror on the passenger side, white plastic pins and black holders in plastic. New to me was the fact that there are different sun visor patterns depending on injection or carb cars (thx Yannick).

Another interesting issue is the roof mounted interior light. I have seen variations with side mounted (left or right side) or between the sun visors or no interior light at all. There might be a difference between city pack and non-city pack cars!?

In my non-city pack 73 CSL (10/72), I have no roof mounted interior light at all.

Cheers

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yannick said:
It is important to know that sun visors pattern is different between carburetted CSLs and the rest of the CSL production.

In other words, there are two types of CSL sun visors. Yannick.

Hey Yannick, welcome back. Never understood where you went or why, but its good that an acknowledged (by the "forum") expert is willing to share!

hennaroth

Reaction score
on my csl carburetors '72 black sunvisors, left makeup mirror white pin and black clips, no lights at all below the roof.