Curious what you think about this engine transaction

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Purr... The buyer lacked diagnosis skills!
Yeah, although I don't agree with how they rev the engines when they make videos. In my opinion, they should start with an idle, show it on the gauge, then slowly bring the revs up to about 3-3.5k and hold it there for five seconds, then give it a couple revs up to 5k maybe. A smooth running engine at cruising speed rpm's tells you lot more than a bunch of hard revving. But, I don't want them telling me how to buy cars so I don't tell them how to make videos. ;)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yeah, although I don't agree with how they rev the engines when they make videos. In my opinion, they should start with an idle, show it on the gauge, then slowly bring the revs up to about 3-3.5k and hold it there for five seconds, then give it a couple revs up to 5k maybe. A smooth running engine at cruising speed rpm's tells you lot more than a bunch of hard revving.
True, but it sounds cool. :cool:

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry- I missed the no spark in your description.
I think I said no spark because that's what I remembered. Their email write up says they checked for spark and it implies that it was okay, but when they tried to start it the engine showed signs of timing being off... back firing. So, my bad with the no spark comment.