D-jet mystery solved (sort of)

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
For some time I had serious hesitation problems with my ‘74 CS (with ‘75 D-jet) especially when upshifting, accompanied by hiccups while cruising. This started happening (after 10 flawless years of driving) at the very same time the MAP failed. So I had the MAP rebuilt, and much to my surprise, the hesitation problems continued. I pursued other possible fixes (new fuel regulator, new throttle switch PC board , new injectors, new trigger points) in futile attempts to fix the problem. Eventually I found that disconnecting Wire #9 between the Throttle Switch and ECU cleared up the hesitation. I have no idea why this works, but so far I’ve made several drives with no hesitation problems and my coupe seems to run better than ever.

Hope this helps other D-jet CSi owners who might be having similar problems.

I also want to especially thank SFDon who provided very hard to find parts, much support, and guidance through this very frustrating process.

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
On the copy of the D-jet wiring that I have, #9 most definitely runs from the TPS to the ECU. My version may not be the most ”current,” I have found one or two discrepancies.