DHL from Germany

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all,
went to my local DHL shop to send off a box to the US.....friendly lady tells me that as off today DHL will accept only premium packages to the US (and some other countries), which cost twice the normal price but delivery is express. And, packages have to be dropped of at a main DHL depot and not at the local DHL shop.

Keshav

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Surely CV related....my take is that since private package business has taken a severe hit, this is one way to double the price to make up for the current situation.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
DHL just sent me back one package which I sent to AUS on 21 March.......
utter mess right now. Better not to mail overseas and end up loosing the shipments.
To the US only as premium mail which is 50% more expensive.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Got quoted €65 from Stefan Ries for DHL Premium but kindly arranged cheaper €42 cheaper option ...on its way ...maybe . Probably tastes better than Wuhan bat .

1586440092132.png

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I must honestly admit to the merit of premium @ 50% surcharge mailing as it gets to the destination within few 4-5 days as opposed to 3 weeks minimum where a lot can go wrong....mishandling, damage and worst of all, loss. The chance of that happening with premium is close to nil.
Needless to say it has to do with the value and scarcity of the goods sent......

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yep, i was buying an Alpina style gauge panel from Orangener and we ran across the premium and decided to hold for the time being