Diagnostic port male plugs - where to source

Sorry, It was all for 6 Way...

Quick link for 9 Way:

And table for TE parts reference:
TE_MATE_N_LOK.jpg

1614177121583.png

So, Steve, to take this in a little different direction, I plug my distributor into the laptop, and display rpm, coil temp, advance, coil current and vacuum (at the distributor) on one half of my screen using 123 Tune. I then display the AFR using the Logworks software on the other half of the screen.

I am not particularly good with Excel, but I have been working on whether it might be possible to capture the data from these two sources and display them together. I think I have found a way to do this, but during my working years I acquired the habit of handing off this type of thing to some young wizard who would make my concept into a reality. Being retired, young wizards who want to do stuff for me are not readily at hand, so making this work has been a slow process with my low level Excel skills. In any event, here is the idea:

Logworks has a log function that captures AFR data from the LC-2 sensor controller that can be downloaded as a CSV file and exported into Excel. Logworks places a start time on the entire data set, collects data several times a second, and outputs each data point with an elapsed time interval.

The 123 tune program can be made to output all of its data into a log file. This data will not store in the distributor; it needs to be connected to the laptop to do this. This data is also collected several times a second, but at different intervals from the Logworks data. All five data points are captured, and a time stamp is collected with each set of five data points.

Because both data sets obtain their time information from the clock on the computer, my thought is it should be possible to synchronize the two data sets using time, either by turning the elapsed time on the Logworks data into a time stamp for each data point or by turning the 123 Tune time stamps into elapsed time.

Once this synchronization is completed, it should be possible to create a scatter chart with RPM, AFR, Advance, and Distributor Vacuum on the Y axis and with time as the X axis. Differing runs over a specified set of road could then be conducted to test specific conditions, like off idle or progression.

I have yet to actually make this work, and even if it works, it may be too time intensive to manipulate the data for each test.

Have you thought about something like this?

So you have the USB version of the 123? I am using the bluetooth version now so not sure I could do that. I'm pretty happy with my setup and have pretty much let go of chasing perfect AFR ratios because it's incredibly difficult to have consistent ratios in all situations because the carb adjustments are crude and imprecise while the changing engine demands are many. My plugs look good so that's reassuring. I'd love to see you pull it off though, would be very cool.

So, Steve, to take this in a little different direction, I plug my distributor into the laptop, and display rpm, coil temp, advance, coil current and vacuum (at the distributor) on one half of my screen using 123 Tune. I then display the AFR using the Logworks software on the other half of the screen.

I am not particularly good with Excel, but I have been working on whether it might be possible to capture the data from these two sources and display them together. I think I have found a way to do this, but during my working years I acquired the habit of handing off this type of thing to some young wizard who would make my concept into a reality. Being retired, young wizards who want to do stuff for me are not readily at hand, so making this work has been a slow process with my low level Excel skills. In any event, here is the idea:

Logworks has a log function that captures AFR data from the LC-2 sensor controller that can be downloaded as a CSV file and exported into Excel. Logworks places a start time on the entire data set, collects data several times a second, and outputs each data point with an elapsed time interval.

The 123 tune program can be made to output all of its data into a log file. This data will not store in the distributor; it needs to be connected to the laptop to do this. This data is also collected several times a second, but at different intervals from the Logworks data. All five data points are captured, and a time stamp is collected with each set of five data points.

Because both data sets obtain their time information from the clock on the computer, my thought is it should be possible to synchronize the two data sets using time, either by turning the elapsed time on the Logworks data into a time stamp for each data point or by turning the 123 Tune time stamps into elapsed time.

Once this synchronization is completed, it should be possible to create a scatter chart with RPM, AFR, Advance, and Distributor Vacuum on the Y axis and with time as the X axis. Differing runs over a specified set of road could then be conducted to test specific conditions, like off idle or progression.

I have yet to actually make this work, and even if it works, it may be too time intensive to manipulate the data for each test.

Have you thought about something like this?

Back