Did anyone get a final count of the CS's at Palo Alto?

norm

Reaction score
It seems like the number of E9's doubled this year and were also lined up in the premier spot across the front. Any pictures?

Norm

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I recall Shawn's 3.5, Schnell540, PJ, the barn CSL, an orange CSL, a red automatic for sale, Scott's first appearance in public, Kurt's blue beauty, a nice specimen next to a magazine article on that car, and my Verona red. I probably forget a couple, plus another one I saw outside in the parking lot.

I'd say at least 13 coupes. More coupes in a soccer pitch than in the entire country of Scotland.

ScottAndrews

Reaction score
More coupes in the soccer pitch than the entire country of Scotland!!!

ROTFLMAO!!

Good observation Ariel!!

By my calculation CA has about 20% of the entire world population.

S

Shawn

Reaction score
This years turn out was great and I thought there was about 14-16 this year up from the 10-12 range over the past few years. One noticable surprise this year was the great variety of colors that were displayed and how the body appearance changes with each color. We even had a Inka CSL for TJ's delight. This count did not include the 4+ coupes that came and went from the paking lot area who, for one reason or another, did not come into the line up. Good event!! Don't forget about Concorso coming up August 18th.

IMG_0241.gif

IMG_0240.gif

IMG_0239.gif

corsachili

Reaction score
It would be cool to get a good Coupe turn out to the Palo Alto Concours this year. Kurt and I usually go together, the rest of you knuckleheads should join us.

schnell540

Reaction score
Arde said:
I recall Shawn's 3.5, Schnell540, PJ, the barn CSL, an orange CSL, a red automatic for sale, Scott's first appearance in public, Kurt's blue beauty, a nice specimen next to a magazine article on that car, and my Verona red.

I was there, but, alas, my CSL was not. All my automotive effort was focused on getting the touring back on the road in time for the show -- which did not happen. It needs about two ro three days of real work (read about 2 or 3 weeks, ginve how much time I gte in per day).

Then it is time to get the CSL running right. Off comes the D-Jet, on goes the 3x40 DCOEs!

By next year both should be running fine and I will have to figure out how to drive two cars down at the same time.....

andrey

Reaction score
well, at least four of those coupes were brought by the "bimmerbrothers" guy, ie: he brought his used car lot to the show to try and sell those cars as usual. so not all of those were actually enthusiasts' cars.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
It was quite impressive to see so many coupes this year - even if some were for sale. -Ya can't buy 'em if they're not for sale. I haven't been to the PA concorso, so don't know what the event is like, but the PA '02 Swap Meet has got to be one of the best events out there. People are relaxed and enthusiastic about what they've done most recently to their cars and you don't have the distraction of other marques in attendance.

Saw some '02's that had some serious coin thrown at them....way beyond even the usual coupe resale/investment ridiculousness - the original cabrio in dark blue was a standout. I wish I had had more time to stick around. As it was, I was able to check out Shawns 3.5 conversion and beautiful wood. Kurt's car looked as nice as ever and the inka csl had a cool restraint system that I'd like to know more about. Mmmmm inka...get on the bus Gus.... Nice to see some Verona cars too - still a great color for the coupe.

I saw some more pictures on the 2002 forum from various postings from earlier this week-
http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewforum/f,3/
You'll have to search them out.

Planning to go to Concorso in August even though my personal bucket will still be looking the same = shabby but original. Might even put the turbine 14's on her...

Hope there's as many coupes as the PA swap - get those tix before the end of the month - they go up...

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score