Dimensions

cdavie2002

Reaction score
Hello All,

Is there such a thing a a dimensional drawing of the e9?

Jig measurents, so when rebuilding/refitting panels i can check the fitting is correct?

Thanks
Chris

cdavie2002

Reaction score
I got the blue books, it shows the dims from a birds-eye view. I am still after measurements of things like:

- window openings
- door openings
- front wing to front wing

After having the body stripped back & acid dipped we discovered the roof is not original, and the welds on the pillars popped.

The more base-line measurements, the better.

Thanks

cdavie2002

Reaction score
Desperately after someone to take some measurements for me?

- Front & rear window opening sizes.
- Door space sizes, etc

Any and all measurements welcome.

Chris

cdavie2002

Reaction score
Has anyone got their front window out and could take some measurements of the gap for me?

- Opening from top to bottom (widest point)
- Opening from NS to DS (widest point)

Thanks

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
The blue book figure is attached. It's pretty basic. Eg no door diagonal measurements. So if people have other measurement data useful for restorations, it would be great to post.

Attachments

• IMG_20160131_103611.jpg
    IMG_20160131_103611.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 659

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Body Dimensions

Thanks for posting that image. I've rotated it and lightened it a bit to make a bit easier to read.

Ian

2800CS Chamonix

Attachments

• Chassis Dimensions from Blue Book.jpg
    Chassis Dimensions from Blue Book.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 702

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hope folks who "have been there" can suggest to Alan just what to measure. I've seen Alan's drawings before-he does good work.
Paul

sprintevo

Reaction score
I am in need of dimensions. my rebuild has started after 6 years getting parts. previous owner cut both a pillars to scrap the car before I bought it so need to check the measurements all over. It would be good to get some dimensions on the bodywork to ensure that panel replacements all fit

C

Chamonix_E9

hi Chris,
my CS has the front window removed. it is a '75. I think the window frame is in origianal state. what dimmensions do you need or what should I measure for you?
b.d.w. I'm using the login of a good friend. This e9coupe.com/forum did not grant me full access :-(

cdavie2002

Reaction score
I'm after measurements from the front of the car, with the windshield removed, the size of the gap where the front windscreen goes.

My project car has had the front and rear roof pillars cut, so I want to check the sizes of the window openings before there welded back up. I have the rear measurements, I still need the front.

- From top, just under roof line to bottom, above scuttle panel (widest point)
- Opening from NS to DS (widest point)

Much appreciated!