Dirt cheap E9 in CA

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
We're all laughing now but he may laugh last if he sells it.
I can see a time not too far from now when we will be kicking ourselves for not snapping up 'junk' like this and just biding our time.
Over here in Australia 10 years ago you could snap up classic Holden's, Ford's, Chryslers in this state every day of the week for almost nothing.
Then the rescources boom chimed in and they all got bought up and crushed. Now you cant find parts and even a rotted out project car will cost you thousands.
If I were tripping over dead E9s in Australia I'd be buying them up hand over fist and putting them in storage and just waiting.
That said I could probably almost make it work buying them up overseas and exporting them here as even a CS is exceptionally rare.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can see a time not too far from now when we will be kicking ourselves for not snapping up 'junk' like this and just biding our time.
Over here in Australia 10 years ago you could snap up classic Holden's, Ford's, Chryslers in this state every day of the week for almost nothing.
Then the rescources boom chimed in and they all got bought up and crushed. Now you cant find parts and even a rotted out project car will cost you thousands.
If I were tripping over dead E9s in Australia I'd be buying them up hand over fist and putting them in storage and just waiting.
That said I could probably almost make it work buying them up overseas and exporting them here as even a CS is exceptionally rare.
Wes, your opening sentence and the post I was composing are almost exactly the same. Word for word. Thanks.

Reactions: Wes

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m not laughing. It may not be worth a member’s time but that car is worth $2,500 regardless of the target outcome.

To be fair nobody is pointing fingers and laughing. No matter how valuable these cars become, a hard project is a hard project. I don’t fault anyone for advising they someone run away full speed from a project that is likely doomed for failure. I find that the forum is exceptionally supporting once owners make their decision. That has certainly been my personal experience. It is good to get the advice before purchasing, but people will always have polarized opinions on “cheap” project cars that need everything.

I agree whole heartedly with your sentiment.
I’ll pick on @Peter Coomaraswamy who I would consider a BMW pal. In my first-ever thread he politely advised that my current project car was worth $1K, back in 2015. I paid $3K and drove it home. He recently purchased a car listed for $16K with a body in equal condition to my car and a seized motor. A lot can change in a few years and the people who are buying and holding the cars are doing quite well for themselves. Peter won’t be taking a haircut anytime soon either.

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
These cars, although expensive to restore, are still bargains IMHO.

I follow the Mopar (Chrysler) community A LOT!

A 68/69 Charger in this condition would fetch $15k. Put $50k into it, and you MAY be able to get $70-75k for it.

$2500 plus $50k to restore properly, you'll easily get $80-85k with $52500 investment.

This POS looks pretty solid except the rear window channel (lower area) and package tray. Nothing terminal IMHO.

If I was in the area, I would snap this up, get it cleaned up and sell it on BAT for an easy $12k.