Discs and drums? (excuse my English)

rudeuk2

Reaction score
I have one Csi with rear drum brakes and have just took in another but today I found rear discs on it. Anyone know if that was some optional extra or something?

Cheers.

Tierfreund

Reaction score
CSIs allways had disks on all four. As did the 3.0CS and the 2.5CS.
The only E9 with rear drums is the 2800CS (68-71).
So you either have a 2800CS that a 3.0CSi eninge was transplanted into (without upgrading the rest) or someone has go to quite a lot of length to put a 2800 rear axle and brakes into a CSi (not very likely).

rudeuk2

Reaction score
CSIs allways had disks on all four. As did the 3.0CS and the 2.5CS.
The only E9 with rear drums is the 2800CS (68-71).
So you either have a 2800CS that a 3.0CSi eninge was transplanted into (without upgrading the rest) or someone has go to quite a lot of length to put a 2800 rear axle and brakes into a CSi (not very likely).

Cheers for the information. The chassis number says its a 3.0. After some digging about it appears that someones been fiddling with the rear running gear. Comparing both diffs shows that they are both 12.39 so we are still ok. The rear arms seem to have been lightly refurbed at some stage a long time ago. I have to assume that the rear arms and drums have been taken from a 2800 or NClasse as I believe they shared the same set up. For whatever reason it was done is a mystery, most likely to save a few quid. Its a downgrade, so im looking at converting it back now. There are holes for caliper bolts to go in so its just a matter of finding a good set up to buy. Any suggestions for a conversion will be appreciated, im based in Uk. Cheers.