Distributor rebuild options

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score

This one supports the d jet injector timing. I assume the d jet connection is integral in some way. I don't know if it's also possible to get a Bluetooth rebuild on my 001 dizzy as per Willem's post above, or if the d jet uniqueness would rule that out

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
They make a 123 for CSi, I believe it only has switchable set curves, not tuneable.
Yes, curve 7 is for the CSi CSL engine, with the 001 distributor. Interesting that this also refers to 10 dogs vac advance at 300 mmHg
Edit: or maybe curve F has the retard feature

Last edited:

Willem Tell

Site Donor $
Reaction score
They make a 123 for CSi, I believe it only has switchable set curves, not tuneable.
Steve, mine is the standard package as you describe because that's what the seller was willing to "çhip in".
I don't know for sure, but I believe that 123 would install the Bluetooth version in a standard body, and it handles vacuum and injection trigger points.

Nice. How much do they charge?
Luis, the standard package is about €350 in Switzerland (likely less elsewhere). I paid €500 to have them put their internals in my Tii distributor body. I think one advantage of this is that I have the original distributor shaft and dual o-rings, so I don't think that I will suffer the oil invasion of the off-the-shelf versions (as Andrew has, several times).

Is there a 123 dizzy with tripping contacts?
sfdon, what do you mean by tripping contacts? Rev limiter? Yes, I believe you can program that (?). Injection triggers for D-Jet? Yes.

I have the standard package on my D-Jet E9. I would prefer that it be theh programmable Bluetooth version I have on my Tii, but having said that. my E9 runs rock solid, so no complaints!

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
Took the CSL out for a hoon yesterday. Well I'd backed it out of the garage to spring clean, so I couldn't really put it away without running the engine warm, could I? Not sure everyone would consider that "necessary"....
o_O
With the leaky vac retard unit disconnected (and the line plugged) it ran as well as ever. Can't say I noticed any difference to the idle. Obviously the ignition timing would be the same as the unit was leaky, but I thought a plugged vac leak (only at idle per Don's info above) would have improved the idle.
Checked timing and mech advance when I got back:
Idle is 900rpm (850-950), timing at 14 btdc but a bit jumpy
At 1500 rpm timing is 17 btdc and steady
At 2000 rpm timing is steady at 20 btdc
At 2500 rpm timing is steady at 23 btdc
Perhaps the jumpy timing at idle is caused by the axial play I see in the dizzy driveshaft, due to excess lash in the dizzy drive and brass pinion. I was thinking that a slightly unstable idle would be exacerbated by play in the dizzy drive as the torque driving the dizzy would be not 100% steady. Any thoughts?

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does the timing ball bounce around at idle or steady?
Yes, sorry, I should have been clearer. At idle the timing mark was jumping about a bit. Above idle the timing mark was was steady. Was thinking the lash in the dizzy drive gearing might be the cause