Djet injection.

Simufly

Reaction score
Cant seem to find the part number of tbe two thick washers behind the aux air valve lower mounting, on the injector casting.
Any one help please?
Could it be
24111690120?

Last edited:

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Cant seem to find the part number of tbe two thick washers behind the aux air valve lower mounting, on the injector casting.
Any one help please?
Could it be
24111690120?

I think you meant the Air Accumulator/Plenum Chamber ? (not AAV ) ...is this it behind the acorn nut in the pic?...if so, size is A8,4...Walloths has too if you search the part number you quoted .

DSC_0490.JPG washer.JPG

Simufly

Reaction score
image.jpg
Thanks for the input. I do actually mean the AAV!
Here is a pic of the area. The thick washer is behind the mounting bracket for the AAV.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
View attachment 44947 Thanks for the input. I do actually mean the AAV!
Here is a pic of the area. The thick washer is behind the mounting bracket for the AAV.

Is that original hardware for your intake runners? It sure looks new. I could have sworn that the nuts on my intake runners all had washers, and were standard nuts but flared like yours.

Simufly

Reaction score
image.jpg Yes they are the BMW replacement nuts supplied. I still have the old nuts and wave washer in the "to be cleaned" pile.
(Its a very big pile!)
PS
I am pleased to report that the part number is indeed 24111690120. Expensive at over £2.00 each though!
The orange book indicates three required, two I know the location for but the third?

Last edited:

Carmine

Reaction score
Hello to everyone. Did someone knows if the fuel injection rail, for example showed in the picture below, can be replaced whit another from others BMW engine?
I have mine broken and I noticed that it's not easy to find an used one and what I have found are very expensive for a "simple" pipe...
Thank you!_20190923_184743.JPG

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I probably have a replacement but am traveling this week.
I’ll post a pic next week if you haven’t found one by then.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello to everyone. Did someone knows if the fuel injection rail, for example showed in the picture below, can be replaced whit another from others BMW engine?
I have mine broken and I noticed that it's not easy to find an used one and what I have found are very expensive for a "simple" pipe...
Thank you!

@sfdon will know for sure. Here is a pic of my old L-Jet one. Look like the injector fittings are longer and curved.

AC58389A-42A8-44B1-BD0C-67B27DB58F3A.jpeg

Carmine

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your suggestions! So I assume that I have to go whit the original one "style". No-one tried some "recent" injection rail or aftermarket one?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Djet uses an adjustable FPR with fuel hose
Later models use either metal fittings or oring fittings.

Simufly

Reaction score
Fuel rails are different on the d jet and ljet versions as ars the injectors. I may have a spare set of ljet rails from the Si rebuild and a NOS set of djet injectors for the CSi

Last edited:

leonine99

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm no injection expert but my understanding is D-Jet operates via manifold air pressure and L-Jet works off of air flow. So I would suspect because of the different air 'management' components the systems are not very interchangeable - but I could be easily mistaken. There are experts here with far more knowledge than I, and it may be a learning opportunity for me. Possibly the injectors can be used, but I think any significant changes would involve having to swap out the CPU under the back seat as well?