Does the W&N exhaust system come with headers?

Thanks, OC. I ordered the Fritz exhaust and am looking forward to hearing the new sound and feeling any new power. Leaving the stock headers since the motor is stock. Currently rebuilding the Diff and just found the two NLA ball bearings at Korman so all 6 bearings and seals will be replaced. Also just received the ST Sway bars (about $350 from Amazon) and looking forward to a flatter ride. Will then be doing poly trailing arm bushings and the subframe poly inserts since all the rubber is original.

Has anybody tightened the steering box with proven success? I read many of the discussions on this and there are various opinions about whether it is a good idea or leads to premature gear wear. All the steering components are in great shape and when seen from below it is obvious the steering shaft moves with the steering lever fixed. The steering wheel play is about an inch at center and two inches (!) at full lock. Tightening worked on my 2002 but this is apparently a very different box. Because of this, driving is very annoying since other than cornering, it is all floating along with no feel whatsoever. Thanks for any feedback!

I hope you like the system. I am really happy with it.

As for the steering box, 1/4 turn at a time or you risk binding up the steering box. I drove Bluemax through the hills with an overly tightened steering box. It made for a scary experience when we were coming out hard on our first turn. The wheel wanted to bind right before 12:00 meanwhile I had Murray sitting shotgun yelling "faster faster!!!"

Mike has explained the issue- too much and your steering box will lock on you.

At speed
You are screwed.

It's my impression that our steering boxes are similar to the boxes used on old Jags (big worm gear with ball bearings). There are places that can rebuild the worn parts for those Jag boxes and I imagine those techniques could be successfully applied to our boxes as well. The only issue might be cost ($2k for an old Jag box).

Do E3 and E12 boxes fit?

Recently changed username to Snufinfumin (snufin sounds like snoopy). Thanks, OC, looking forward to installing the Fritzbits and sway bars. I will do 1/4 turn at the box and reply with the results. Hope to feel some improvement and avoid binding. Hope to do it from behind the box since soon everything in front will be back in place. Will also flush the system and replace filter.
Thought about not attaching the pump belt to see how it feels without power steering. Although that might damage the box?
So, an E3 box as an alternative...Will have to see what those run...

Back