Dog Leg transmission for sale on eBay, NOS

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Worth the money if dogleg is your gearbox of choice, I know its mine.
Most Every one I know has a problem memorizing the shift pattern.
Brand new too. Wow!

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Worth the money if dogleg is your gearbox of choice, I know it mine.
Most Every one I know has a problem memorizing the shift pattern.
Brand new too. Wow!

I suppose you could install a ferrari gated shifter plate. Haven't seen that yet. :)

viphoto

Reaction score
I suppose you could install a ferrari gated shifter plate. Haven't seen that yet. :)
Might be a little tricky to adapt one ...but with Markos's 3d skills who knows. It took me a couple of 2nd gear starts in the 308 to get it down:)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 4.11.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 4.11.31 PM.png
    975.8 KB · Views: 240

Layne

Site Donor
Reaction score

Ha! I actually intend to attempt to install a Pantera shifter gate with a dogleg trans. It's no easy thing though, the getrag shifter actually moves very little side to side. Somewhere I found you could buy the gate for $75 so I thought it would be worth trying. I *think* the offset between 1st and reverse will be closer to the Getrag motion than the Ferarri one above. Too many things on my list though. Maybe someday.

mikes%20pantera%207420%20shifter%20inside.jpg

Craig Bower

Reaction score
I never got the chance to drive a Pantera (must admit that I dreamed about it in my younger years) however, that gated shifter looks awkward to me now after having driven this pattern for many years in my 68 911 and later Aston Martin. The Porsche box was great but the shift linkage was some what vague. The Aston's transmission and shift linkage were plenty precise, but the length of through for each shift was quite long that made quick shifts difficult. The Getrag 265/5 is just right for me (at least now).

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hard to beat a Getrag dogleg with the right final drive for the car... only thing better might be a ZF dogleg. The early 911 boxes are really nice (yes vague) but like cutting butter when set up properly. For a vintage sports car there's nothing like having all 5 gears in the game.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hard to beat a Getrag dogleg with the right final drive for the car... only thing better might be a ZF dogleg. The early 911 boxes are really nice (yes vague) but like cutting butter when set up properly. For a vintage sports car there's nothing like having all 5 gears in the game.

Good to see some enthusiasm for the dogleg. I reached out to Shanon who has one with a 3.46 :eek:. He loves it. I bought a dogleg last weekend. I will be using my 3.25 LSD. I plan on keeping the little euro 2.8 with some upgrades. I figure the dogleg will keep things peppy and interesting. :) I see no e9 road trips in my distant future so I'm not concerned about highway drone or fuel economy.

Craig Bower

Reaction score
I'm still looking for a good dogleg. One of my euro sixes came with its transmission swapped out for an 265/6 overdrive. I am wanting to return it back to stock, but the unit listed here is a little too rich for my blood.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There's a NOS close ratio 5 speed Getrag transmission on eBay with a BIN of $4,500 and $100 for shipping from Doylestown, Pennsylvania.

This really is a bit of an odd thing, isn't it? What makes it worth $4500? Undoubtedly the fact that it is NOS. So does this mean that as soon as you install it and start using it, it loses 50 to 75% of its value?

If all you care about is to get a new original dogleg in your car, cost be damned, then all is well with the world. But if you mainly care about value, then you bought a really expensive paper weight that you can't do anything with...

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Or you could put in a csi and drive it... in 5 years and 10k miles the market will have caught up and then some.

You can buy a used one for 2.5k and roll the dice.

I remember when I bought my ZF for about the same and it seemed crazy... not so much anymore.

Bejoe16

Reaction score
Highly recommend the UUC short shift kit with their DSSR dog bone link.

Nice and crisp shifting.

I was considering doing this. Any particular one that works with a getrag 265? Specifically the length dssr? Pm me not to pollute this thread. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sorry looks like 144mm. E21 model shift lever lower half. Bronze bushings highly recommended.

Hi Steve

A 140 or 144mm Dog Bone? It says 144 in the link. and which E model 320i part have you used?

Apologies for going off topic.

Thanks
Niall