Doing it better 74 3.0 CS second chance

Peter, these engines are relatively quite easy to build. I think I remember that you said Don has done the head and it is all assembled. That's the hardest part. Get a manual and follow it, I don't think that you would have any problems putting it together yourself. And there is everyone here to help

Pic please of pass. Side of block with date oblong circle

Door cards
My upholstery guy used hardboard, then attached leather with a thin foam glued to the back of the leather.
When I got the, back I painted the inside a few times with pva to make it water resistant.
Enjoy the build.
C

Another question regarding door cards, I had custom leather cards made up but the material the guy used for the "card" is thick and heavy, it's like a dense plastic. If I want to make my own cards is there a preferred material to use?

I figure I should get started on some other parts of the car as I wait to decide what I'm going to do with my short block.

Thanks

Peter -- Don sold me a set of plywood panels (along with a plywood parcel shelf that allowed me to do away with the 12" speaker holes). You might ask him about his supplier.

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. A friend suggested that I take it back to the shop that assembled it but I think I will put as much distance as possible between myself and them and just do it myself. I find it absolutely incredible that an idiot like myself actually knows more about engine assembly than people who do this for a living- well, at least it's not by-pass surgery.
you would think ... but with bypass surgery the insides of most people are arranged the same way ... its just which of the internal material is still viable. figuring out which side of a 3d puzzle is correct is not always easy. that being said ... they still got it wrong and you don't want to get something screwed up along the way ... i would take it back to them and have it sorted out and keep the workmanship warranty in tact.

Thanks all, I have 4 minor maintenance repairs on the stable; Porsche needs window regulator cable adjusted for quicker clearance drop (when opening & closing), M3 needs diff and trans fluid and brake fluid and coolant flush, e32 needs about 4 hours work and the Shelby needs all fluids refreshed, so the e9 is in the warehouse and I expect that within a week the windshield will come out and I'll begin working on the new dash while I figure out my engine action. I will be constantly pinging y'all!

Another question regarding door cards, I had custom leather cards made up but the material the guy used for the "card" is thick and heavy, it's like a dense plastic. If I want to make my own cards is there a preferred material to use?

I figure I should get started on some other parts of the car as I wait to decide what I'm going to do with my short block.

Thanks

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk

Thanks all, I have 4 minor maintenance repairs on the stable; Porsche needs window regulator cable adjusted for quicker clearance drop (when opening & closing), M3 needs diff and trans fluid and brake fluid and coolant flush, e32 needs about 4 hours work and the Shelby needs all fluids refreshed, so the e9 is in the warehouse and I expect that within a week the windshield will come out and I'll begin working on the new dash while I figure out my engine action. I will be constantly pinging y'all!
Keep that coffee pot going!!

Back