Don Davis Collection

Bennett

Site Donor
Reaction score
RM Auctions is selling the Don Davis car collection, including a 74 cs that has most of the typical upgrades we are accustom to. Estimated at $90,000 to $120,000. Is anyone here familiar with this car?

latebrake

Reaction score
This is the same car listed and sold by Canepa Design last year to Don Davis. Non-period metallic black paint, a few minor cosmetic blems, but overall a very nice example. I really hope it sells for the moon, and helps move the needle on our E9's.

RogerB

Reaction score
What's the story on the fifth rocker switch on the console?!!? If it is a '74 thing, I don't recall the '74 I owned having that; but it has been a while. Also, it seems to be setting a little higher than the other four!?!? RB

americium

Reaction score
That fifth button expedites the removal of the passenger.

How is it the rear windows are fully retracted? On my 74 they bottom out with close to an inch still exposed. They hit the inner fender well when all the way down.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
rear windows...

are there- look closely at the second picture and you can see the glass

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drivers side later style mirror. Electronically adjusted by the 5th switch?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Since the switch doesn't appear to fit very well I vote for this. Back in the day some power antennas had to be raised and lowered with a switch, mine was on the steering column before I went automatic when the radio is turned on.

Manual power attenda? It appears to be partially up/down.

RogerB

Reaction score
Drivers side later style mirror. Electronically adjusted by the 5th switch?

If I remember correctly, I believe the electric mirror is operated by the switch just forward of the driver's armrest as shown in one of the pictures?!?! Also, my 74 had a factory telescoping steering column, but I can't tell if this one does or not. Standard? I don't know.

BavarianCream

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What's It Worth?

I'm really interested in your opinions on:
1. How much you think this one is actually worth
2. What you think it could realistically sell for given the current market.

thx.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My number is 60k based on two formulas:

1) Take a solid 20k car, pay 50k to make it perfect, and expect to lose 10k like everybody else.

2) Take a perfect stock car for 50k and add another 50HP at my rate of $200 per extra HP.

Now the usual "Add another 10k if it has a story" with my apologies for the length but here is an example:

"Craftsman Juan Ortiz found a crumpling note in both Cyrillic and Latin characters as he removed the old backseat leather, Juan stopped all work at the shop until a UCLA expert determined it was a help plea from an unhappy Turkish line worker in Bavaria assembling the car. 'Things never fit, the day hours are short, and german words are impossibly long' wrote worker Fikret in this message-in-a-bottle across oceans and time. Juan thought he could use Fikret's unique expertise for classic car restorations and went to Facebook to look for an unhappy Turk in Munich named Fikret. He has not found him but has made 3000 new Facebook friends name Fikret".

Last edited: